“Excellent new year!”

Premier Inn Sheffield City Centre (Angel Street) Hotel
Ranked #7 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Came here for New Year's Eve enjoyed the central location and could not complain, good night sleep guarantee ensures just that comfortable, warm and spacious. However one member of our party did get a refund due to an over noisy air conditioning system, guess you can't please everyone!-it was New Year's Eve after all

Front desk staff amazing as ordered us an Indian take out and provided us with plates cutlery etc, could not do enough best customer service experienced at a premier inn.

Breakfast was over priced and weather spoon just around corner and offers sausage sandwich for £1.50 could get steak meal for price premier inn charged for breakfast but was unlimited please shop around before falling into the breakfast trap

Really good new year!

Room Tip: Avoid room 212 noisy air con
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Sheffield City Centre (Angel Street) Hotel

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Due to availablity we spent a night at Premier Inn and a night at the Ibis hotel in Sheffield. The Premier in won hands down - from size of room (Ibis only sleeps two in the room and we had three), to breakfast, look and feel. The breakfast at the Premier Inn was really delicious and good value. A great stay and would highly recommend it for families and business travel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We had an awful nights stay at the premier inn sheffield, the room was so noisy and hot. We kept turning the heating off but it kept switching its self back on, The shower did not work as there was no cold water coming from the taps!
There was a lot of outside noise, I know that is not the hotels fault but they could have taken measures to prevent it, secondary glazing for example.

When I informed the staff about the shower it took them so long to send someone up to look at it (over an hour!) that it was time for us to leave. The receptionist was also rather rude when I expressed my disappointment with our room.

We have stayed in many premier inn's so know what to expect however I would think twice about booking one again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Sheffield City Centre (Angel Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Thank you for your review.

It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and I am sorry that on this occasion we failed to provide this due to the noise disturbances you encountered throughout your stay.

Please be assured that all your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to meet all our customer’s needs. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Naina

Online Customer Service Team,
Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed here on 7th December when we came up to see Cinderella at the Lyceum, the hotel is only a few minutes walk away! We were so impressed with the room, service & breakfast that when we came up the following week we booked Premier again.

I came up to Sheffield again on 13th December for 2 nights, 1 night on my own to go the Carols by Candlelight at the Cathedral & 1 night with a friend. After the Carol service, which finished at about 9.30 I went back to the hotel expecting to find the restaurant closed but I was pleasantly surprised to find it was still open and still serving food. I had a lovely 3 course meal served by very pleasant staff for whom nothing was too much trouble.

I love the friendly foyer/reception which has a Costa coffee shop & again very pleasant staff and when visiting Sheffield again this weekend I shall be staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 27, 2012

this hotel is great, good for a qucik stay and worth the money! staff are friendly and just great! Staff at the restaurant and bar were just the best! efficiant and kind! will defiantly stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I went up to Sheffield for Carol's by Candlelight in aid of Breast Cancer Care and to see the Pantomine.
The first night I stayed ,I heard someone above me walking around their room but you can not blame the hotel for that,I also heard outside noise early morning
Breakfast was good.
The Carol concert was sheer magical. made even more so as JonathanAnsell was in it
As for the pantomine if you are in Sheffield do go and see it,you will love it.
Jonathan Ansell is Prince Charming and in my view the best Prince Charming ever
2nd night sleep was much better.
Room is clean and comfortable.
Had nice walk around the area,and people are so friendly.
I loved the city
The only negetive was in the art gallery I did not like the modern art scenery paintings were not good.
I loved the Sheffield Steel exhibition
Oh yes nearby the Lyceum Theatre where Cinderella is on is another theatre where they got ''My Fair Lady'' on.
I would of loved to seen that but had no time to.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We had tickets for a concert at the arena and the Premier Inn near there was fully booked. This Premier Inn had vacancies so we booked on line without any problems. There were 3 of us and we had a decent sized room for an exceptional price of £30. Check-in wasn't a problem and we were able to park in an adjacent parking garage for a minimal charge. Our room was clean, spacious and welcoming. In fact, I had a good night's sleep which is unusual for me when I sleep somewhere 'new.' What else we particularly liked was the tram was right on our doorstep so getting to the arena wasn't any problem. Good value for money and I wouldn't hesitate staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends