Harley Hotel
Hilton Sheffield(Sheffield)
$94
$89
  • Pool
Ibis Sheffield City(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
$87
$73
  • Restaurant
Hampton By Hilton Sheffield(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
$110
Travelocity
$78
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewstwisted burgervegan breakfastlate barbooked a single roomnight on the townincluded breakfastearly nightroom was comfortable and cleanreal alefloor roomfull english breakfastbed and breakfastgigstopovernightlife
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed at the Harley for one night - cheap but not so cheerful. The evening staff (Claire?) was very friendly and helpful - even searching for a hairdryer for me and moving me up to the top floor so I would not be kept awake by the loud music - thank you! The bedlinen and towels were very clean, but the actual pillows were ready for the bin - I wrapped a towel around them before sleeping. The carpets were stained and the walls marked and grubby. The frames of the double glazing were there, but no glass. I should have asked to see the room before paying - but I did not. The bathroom was clean on the surface but the tiles around the bottom of the shower were black and filthy - removed after 15 minutes of soaking in the domestos I bought at the Sainbury's 2 minutes away. I left without sampling breakfast - if the bathroom was so grubby, then I did not want to think what the kitchen might be like.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
TheHarley123, Manager at Harley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are disappointed to hear that your experience here wasn't entirely a positive one.

The hotel has undergone some refurbishment since your stay, including decoration, so we can assure you that if you came back, you'd notice a big difference.

The bathrooms have been a major focus of our recently, we've been resealing and re-grouting, so again there's a huge difference.

Our breakfasts are lovely (if we might say so ourselves), so it's a shame you didn't get the chance to try one.

Thank you for your feedback.

The Harley Management.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I loved staying at The Harley. its so cheap and defiantly convenient for young people. its perfect place to be able to start your night with the bar/nightclub downstairs and an awesome place to come back too after you've hit the town too. id recommend The Harley Hotel to anybody my age or any students, its just a good experience, and the staff are friendly and helpful. Their customer service levels are of a high standard and its a place you could make great friends.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay here, and hope to see you again.

The Harley Management

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I love the Harley. Totally cheap, and close to the city centre. Probably not the best if you want to get a quite night of sleep, but if you really want to embrace your time in Sheffield (or simply can sleep through anything) then definitely stay here!!
Well located, and the staff are really friendly! The bar and restaurant are award winning!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Don't choose the Harley if you want a quiet nights sleep, do choose if you want to indulge on West Street and want to continue the party afterwards.

Dated, tired but comfortable.

Breakfast is good value

On street parking is available on Hounsfield Street for about a pound per hour but is free between 18:30 & 08:00, the machines roll your cash on to the following day so put £2.50 in after six and you'll be ok until after breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank BrainsJ
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Seriously, it's not a hotel, it's a doss house! The place is so run down and knackered why do they even bother! Cheap or not I object to stained carpets, wallpaper hanging off walls, windows that don't open at all (not even for ventilation) toilets that fill all night, curtains that are hanging off! We had two rooms and they were both as bad as each other. The noise from the bar was unbareable and we were on the second floor god know's how the people on the first floor managed! I would give it one plus, for all it's run down look, it was very clean! Sheets, towels etc. were clean and the room was spotless though our stained carpet and broken duvan bed (no casters, just on to the floor) was simply evidence that this place needs closing down! I wish i'd listened to my gut and stayed in nether edge for a tenner less and spent the money on a taxi, which is what I would advise anyone that even thinks about staying here to do!

Room Tip: Don't stay here in the first place!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

We are sorry you didn't enjoy your experience at The Harley Hotel.

Since your stay, the hotel has undergone some refurbishment, if you would like to try us again, I can assure you you will notice a big difference.

The noise from the bar can be an issue, this is why we explicitly advertise the fact that we have a late bar.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

The Harley Management