3,013 results
All reviews champagne bar peace gardens privilege room valet parking ice room aroma room experience shower spa package winter garden steam room spa area city centre good size lovely hotel crucible theatre q park ncp car park
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here mid week and had a really lovely stay.
All staff were very helpful and polite and the room was really clean and big. The location is perfect. Didn't make it down to the pool but the reception was fab. Would stay again.

Date of stay: September 2019
Luisa E, General Manager at Mercure Sheffield St Paul's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear abic1997

Wow what a great review - I am always delighted to read such great feedback and I hope you return very soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Good location, reasonable price. Room 128 was basic but clean and big. However, both lifts were out during our stay (20th-22nd Sept) and that caused huge issues as my partner has mobility issues. The spa elevator was the only one working - except it was so busy serving the whole hotel that we finally gave up, as did several other guests, and just walked down stairs, which caused her great pain. I definitely would have given this 4 stars otherwise if the lifts had worked properly - even one. It really ruined a lot of our time as she couldn’t walk around much on our last day due to pain.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Daer 575abbyp

Thank you for your review of Mercure Sheffield St Pauls' hotel and Sap.
I do apologise for the inconvenience of the the breakdown of the lifts!
I am equally frustrated when this occurs. We have arranged for a full overall of the lifts which will take place very soon.
I was however pleased to note that other than the lift you would have given us a 4 star rating.
Please contact me directly should you wish to return to allow me to personally over see your stay with us
Kind regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Booked a ridiculously cheap Sunday spa break. Thought we would get the smallest room and tiny dinner but not the case at all. Had a huge corner room, dinner that was so huge we couldn't finish, fab breakfast, use of the spa,all for £54 each. Staff were lovely especially Owan (the guy never stops).If i had to be picky which really i shouldn't for the price, Spa really needs a jacuzzi and public areas were really cold. Would definitely stay here again, hopefully for longer next time !

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Luisa E, General Manager at Mercure Sheffield St Paul's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear260nicm

Wow what a great review to read this Wednesday morning!
I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us at Mercure Sheffield St Paul's hotel and Spa and very pleased you are sharing your feedback on trip advisor!
The team will be so pleased you had such a great time an dI do hope you will return.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Over the years I have stayed here many times and found it a good base right in the centre of the city just a few minutes from the railway station. Despite its central location, it is very quiet being sandwiched between the town hall and winter garden. Rooms are large and comfortable. Food, however, has not been a strong point at this hotel until now (see separate review of Ego). I have previously given their food offering only moderate reviews but thoroughly enjoyed my meal in their adjoining restaurant. Overall a pleasant stay

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear 288Eurotravels

Thank you for taking the tiem to review your recent stay with us at Mercure Sheffield St Paul's Hotel and Spa
I was delighted to read this fantastic review an dI do hope you will return very soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Absolutely still love this hotel, this is now our 3rd visit but on this occasion it was so let down by the temperature in the bar and the restaurant area, the air conditioning was on so much that it made it extremely uncomfortable to sit and relax, several staff members also complained to us about the temperature saying they found it was making them feel ill to work in but when they asked for it to be turned off it wasn't. We sat in the bar area on Saturday afternoon which we used to love so much but then had to go back to our room to get warm and vacate to another restaurant because of the temperature. On Saturday evening we decided to eat in the hotel restaurant, we sat for a few minutes, one member of staff came over and said it was so cold she offered for the air conditioning to be turned off but that did not happen, we could not sit in the cold any longer so then had to order room service so we could go back to our room to get warm. Another guest on this occasion was also complaining that it was too cold to eat in there so she also left the restaurant. Needless to say it is no wonder that the restaurant in the hotel is almost empty whereas other restaurants very close nearby are full, I would like to visit the hotel again as I do love the hotel but for the reason of the temperature issues I definitely would not recommend this hotel anymore until the issues are resolved. On a plus note, we loved the room, and the breakfasts which was a lovely part of our day, the staff also were so nice, there was particularly a waiter whose name I didn't not get he worked in the bar most of the Saturday and the Sunday that we were there, he was lovely very friendly and attentive, as was Gabriella (I think that was her name) she was very nice too, also a young waitress at breakfast was extra helpful, so all in all I would visit again but could not recommend at the moment until the air conditioning is resolved. As a hotel you must certainly listen to the fact that at least five members of staff were complaining about the cold and you were definitely losing customers because of this issue.

Room tip: Choose a lower floor room as the lifts are frequently not working

Dear AliLouise_12
Thank you so very much for this great review! Really pleased you enjoyed yourselves so much I look forward to you returning
Luisa Esposito General Manager