Mercure Sheffield St Paul's Hotel
Novotel Sheffield Centre(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
$69
Leopold Hotel(Sheffield)
$112
$58
  • Restaurant
Hampton By Hilton Sheffield(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
$62
Halifax Hall(Sheffield)
$78
$76
2,592 results
All reviewschampagne barpeace gardensprivilege roomice roomaroma roomexperience showerthermal suitespa facilitieswinter gardenspa breaksteam roomcity centregood sizecrucible theatrelovely hotelncp car parkq park
Reviewed July 17, 2011

St Pauls hotel was excellent, cleanliness of the hotel was of very good standard. The service from the hotel staff was very good, they worked hard and nothing wasn't to much trouble. The rooms was of a high standard and very clean and well equipped for what you need for a short stay. Food was excellent, and very tasty, and received good service.
I can highly recommend using the spa facilities when you stay, as this is very relaxing. Will return to this hotel again, had a great time.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
GeneralManager6628, Manager at Mercure Sheffield St Paul's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Mercure St Paul’s in Sheffield and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Luisa Esposito General Manager

Reviewed July 14, 2011

Stayed here for a 3 day conference. Staff very efficient and helpful. Really nice 5th floor bedroom. Comfortable bed. Temperature controllable. Swimming pool was lovely. Food good but had the same lunch provided each day.

Would have been nice to have been provided with information about their wifi as the 3G signal for me was bad. Why don't hotels of this price just provide free wifi?

Conference rooms are in the lower basement and it does feel a bit like being in the dungeons and their decor and fittings are stuck in the 1980s.

Would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2011
GeneralManager6628, Manager at Mercure Sheffield St Paul's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2011

Reviewed July 13, 2011

Booked into the hotel for a friends hen party staying on a Saturday night with use of the spa and treatments on the Sunday. Three rooms booked for the seven of us on checking in we were all ready to pay but were advised by the reception staff to pay on departure and all they needed was to swipe a card for security. The bride to be put her card forward for this but did check on 3 different occasions that no money would be taken from her account she was reassured by the staff that no money would be taken!. The rooms were all very nice although i was a little surprised that the 3rd bed in our room was not discounted and we all paid the same price £87 but didn't want to stress the bride out so didn't say anything, Had a great night out on the Saturday then treatments on the Sunday and booked out about 11 and all paid in full. On the Monday the Bride to be contacted me very upset that a hefty £500 had been frozen from her account (security deposit apparently!!) this will be refunded, but sorry not good enough!!! the hotel staff did not seem to care that she will have overdraft charges that she had to put payments going out on hold. Planning a wedding is stressful enough without the added stress of hotel staff giving incorrect information not once but 3 TIMES very disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
7  Thank kathryn014

Thank you for your comments. I can assure you the matter is being looked into. Feel free to call me on 0114 2782000 to discuss this further. Kind regards, Luisa Esposito

Reviewed July 9, 2011

I took my husband for afternoon tea to the St Paul's Hotel as a birthday treat. There are 2 options, £10.95 or £15.95 to include a glass of champagne. We both ordered the £10.95 option. However, halfway through our tea I decided I would like a glass of champagne. We hadn't paid on arrival so I explained to the male member of staff behind the bar that we had ordered just the afternoon tea but would like to change one to the champagne option. This took a couple of times to explain what I meant but a glass was brought over to me. When we went back to the bar to pay, instead of the extra £5 I was charged £8.45 for the champagne. When I questioned this, I was told abruptly that as I had originally asked for just the afternoon tea, then I couldn't change my mind and the champagne was therefore 'extra'. I wasn't very pleased with this but the bar tender barerly looked at me and basically, his word was final. Now I know we're only talking £3.45 difference but surely we could have been charged for one basic afternoon tea at £10.95 and one at £15.95? Why would this be so difficult? It's not like we'd paid on arrival and I went to the bar to order extra drinks? I simply asked if I could have a different, advertised option. Ordinarily I would have argued the point but the attitude of the bar man was very off-putting. Clever stuff, it worked, he got an extra £3.45 out of me. Also, the edges of the bread were dry, surely if you're going to have sandwiches on stand-by, you should cover them to avoid this? Bit disappointing - and that was before I was ripped off with my champagne. The St Pauls was a consideration for holding my 50th birthday party next year but I've just crossed it off my list.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Missiseff

Reviewed July 9, 2011

Just come back from a 1 Night Break at The St Pauls for my partners Birthday.
Check Inn was effecient and staff where friendly, the room which was a Classic Double was very large and overlooked the Piece Gardens which was great. We decided to use the Spa facailities as taken our swimmers and it was great, the pool is large however 4 loungers at the side however head to the Thermal Suite. This has a maze of rooms from Sauna, Steam , Igloo (Ice Cubes in the room), Sensory Shower, Aromotherpay Room and all included in the £58 price we paid for a Friday Night one of the Best Spa facailities I have seen for a city centre Hotel.

The Hotel is located central to all of Sheffield attractions and we parked in the Q Park Charles Street which is litterally across the square from the Hotel and you get a 10% Discount for parking there make sure you ask for the discount ticket.

The Hotels is also shares its boundary with the Winter Gardens and you MUST try the Cupcakes from Fancie they are to die for my favourite is the Chocolate Snickerlicious Wow !

I would definitley recommend the Hotel and we will back ! One thing I would say if the Management are reading this is you need to sell the facilities and benefits of the hotel as this was not done at Check Inn and some people may miss out of the Spa. Thank You for a great time.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple