Whitley Hall Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
The Welcome Inn(Rotherham)
1,127 results
All reviewscomplimentary portthe parkerresident peacockluxury roomdb bbeautiful hotelnew wingwedding partyfour poster bedbirthday treatlovely groundswedding breakfastmain buildingwedding receptionsunday lunchbar pricesbed and breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Just got back from the hotel today. We stayed over night as yesterday we attended a wedding ceremony held there. Me and my family we're shocked. Was so much more than what we were expecting. Not sure where to start! Well, for certain, staff were brilliant, that's a good start. We didn't have any problems anyways, but any queries we had were seen to very well and they delivered their services very well also. The presentation of the wedding was amazing! They certainly took time, effort and care to get it to that standard. Rooms were absolutely stunning!!! Can definitely say we all had a very nice sleep in the very comfortable beds and had a lovely shower in those gorgeous bathrooms! It really wasn't what we were expecting. I definitely didn't hear my mum say anything else about the price when she saw the quality! We were able to check in and out at the reception with no hassle. Lovely staff honestly! They even saw to my little sister who came down with a fever at breakfast. And speaking of breakfast...I really want to go back tomorrow morning! I really wish I could wake up there every morning. I can say on behalf of everyone else who attended the wedding there that they also enjoyed their breakfast and found the food delicious. Which goes the same for the 3 course meal we had after the wedding ceremony; soup for starter (my family even went crazy for the bread rolls and butter!), Turkey with stuffing, vegetable, roast potatoes and gravy and a dessert which seemed like strawberries with whipped cream sandwiched between a bread bun glazed with a syrup that tased sweet like honey with a hint of vanilla. I could go into further detail about each meal but to sum it up; ABSOLUTELY DIVINE! Was certainly satisfied! The surrounding were exactly how one of the signs described it, beautiful! Overall, a fantastic stay!

I would love to go there again for another family gathering but maybe for a Christmas event. It would be perfect, the perfect kind of venue for a cozy, warm Christmas get together!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

On arrival we were met by a very helpfull receptionist who showed us to our room. The room was excellent with a glass of port as a welcome drink. I pulled the curtains open to the patio doors to find a peacock family outside the window.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My husband and I had our wedding here in 2011 and the staff were brilliant. We have since returned for Romantic breaks and have always had a lovely time. The rooms, public areas and grounds are all gorgeous. It's a real gem of a hotel. It's this hotel I use as a yard stick for every other we go to in England.

Room Tip: Look out for special deals on the website, especially the ones we're you get a meal and a bottle of fizz. They are great value.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel a few times a couple of years ago. It was a wonderful 3 star hotel then but is now a well deserved 4 star. There have been a few new develpoments in the grounds which make this a wonderful wedding or party setting. Even in November the grounds are gorgeous with a mill pond, ducks and peacocks.
On arrival in your room there is a complimentary small decanter of port. And the rooms are so comfortable and relaxing. Everything you needs including a few toiletries.
There is a bar area and fabulous lounge with comfy chairs and sofas and a roaring fire. The food is better than ever - check out the menu.
There are a few business people who stay here but to get the most out of this characterful hotel go for a romantic break. You will get the best deal booking direct with the hotel - just give them a ring. The staff are very helpful and friendly.
I love this place.

Room Tip: Room 42 is in the newer annex with a great view over the pond and wooden 'jetty'. Room 19 is in the older part of the building but equally comfortable and at the other end of the hotel and a little more secluded.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This hotel is on the outskirts of Sheffield in a lovely rural location.
The hotel has the feeling like you are going home. Interior design pleasing and homely. Beautiful decor , throughout.
Lovely real fires going in all the reception rooms.
All the staff had a smile on their faces, rare these days ! Couldn't do enough to help make your stay comfortable.
Food presentation and taste was extremely good. Staff aware of gluten free diets , which is always a plus for me !
Fantastic deals to be had and not to be missed ! We had the romantic break.
Lots of lovely touches in hotel. In the bedroom we had a small decanter of port and also a bottle of sparkling wine on ice awaiting us on arrival.
The lady who owns the hotel also is very much on hand every day of the week and was very welcoming and helpful
Basically , I can't fault this hotel and am going back in December for a Christmas party.
The only negative was there was a wedding being held there and the music at night was extremely loud and only stopped at midnight and we had to have an early start the next day. But apparently this DJ wasn't the resident one and the hotel did complain to him about the level of noise.
But all in all, stay here if you need to be in the Sheffield area. You won't be disappointed, especially if you can get one of their fantastic deals ! Can't wait to go back

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends