“Unfriendly and undercooked”

Ocean Blue
Ranked #1,023 of 1,455 Restaurants in Sheffield
“Unfriendly and undercooked”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

I live very near ocean blue and have been a couple of times,the peole who work there are so rude chewing gum no please thank you sighing what you want? Think vicky pollard or katherine tates bothered in real life , the chips are always under cooked pale green colour and the fish has been raw too, just awful

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Claire L

sheffield
“Poor quality”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I dislike writing poor reviews on Trip advisor but unfortunately I have to on this occasion.

I very rarely eat fish and chips but was passing while feeling very hungry.

I visited on a fairly quiet lunchtime to be greeted by a friendly enough girl and an incredibly miserable looking man who I assume is the owner. The owner looked genuinely annoyed to have to do something or even be there and kept fiddling around with the fryers before storming off only to return a few minutes later for a fiddle. I have no idea what he was doing but it certainly slowed the service down to an absolute crawl.

I should know better than to ever buy fish and chips where they have racks of kebab meat behind the counter, in my experience its never a good sign.

So onto the food....

A huge portion of insipid, pale, soggy chips topped with the thinnest scrap of cod coated in a batter that could have served as a masonry undercoat it was that thick and poorly cooked.

Quantity over quality with the chips and what looked like an attempt to see how little fish they could get away with and still charge £4.10 for it!!!!

Very poor, I certainly won't be returning.

• Visited September 2013