“I felt like I was at school”
Review of Taybarns

Taybarns
Ranked #608 of 1,453 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Worksop, England, United Kingdom
“I felt like I was at school”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I went here with a few friends not long ago, and I can only say the experience was OK. The 'restaurant' felt more like a cafeteria at school and there were a lot of kids there which made it overall a noisy and rowdy atmosphere. The staff who came to take your plates at the end were rude and didn't even acknowledge that we were there. However the staff behind the counters of food seemed really chirpy and one even had a joke around with me and my sister. There was a lot of choice for everyone and it was quite good for value of money. Overall, the experience was average to say the least.

• Visited June 2013

Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Not for a quiet meal.”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My first visit to this Taybarns. Oh dear, what a shock to the system. I was a bit embaressed as I had taken a couple of collegues for a meal where we hoped to have a chat - not a chance. We couldn't find a quiet table anywhere. The noise level from people shouting and children yelling was incredible. The children were allowed to run rampant, There was ice on the floor near the ice machine, bits of food on the floor that remained there during our whole visit. I could not find any soap in the toilets which is not good as people were all handling the serving spoons etc: after visiting the toilets. On the plus side. There was something for everyone to find that they could eat. The salad bar was very fresh and the profiteroles were lovely. Now this is not gourmet food but you are not paying gourmet prices. The staff that were clearing the tables were very pleasant. I won't be returning which is a shame as it is convenient for my workplace and a good price. I marked it as poor because although the food was perfectly adequate, the mess and noise meant that your meal could not be enjoyed.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Keith H
Swinton, United Kingdom
“Bland poor quality food”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Taybarns is one of them places you go if youve got a load of hungry kids. The food is poor quality the only good thing is there is a lot to choose from and its cheap, VERY CHEAP. the all you can eat is a good idea but the food is boring. dont get me wrong a good selection to choose from but it lacks taste and its very repetitive. One good thing tho is the desserts. Unless you have to have 3 days off work for eating too many of them with the kids.

Visited July 2013
sheffield
“all round poor experience”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

we went as a group, some people just wanted a drink however they wouldnt let them sit in the "restaurant" (if you can call it a restaurant) so we had to sit in different areas. staff were rude, food wasnt good, flavourless and poor quality. all in all nto a nice experience - sent an email to Taybarns raising my concerns but no response. Wouldnt recommend.

• Visited September 2012
Barnsley
“Tasteless buffet food”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I would sum up Taybarns in one line, if you like lots of very average food, go but if you like quality, forget it. I can see the appeal to some, there is a salad bar, BBQ, oriental, chip shop, carvery, pizza and pudding areas so something for everyone. But the quality is very poor! We tried a bit of all sorts. The chicken tikka masala had no taste or spice, just loads of sauce. They had three types of pizza, the Pepperoni had one thin slice of Pepperoni on each portion and it was again tasteless. Chiili had no meat in it and very bland. The fish in batter was ok but tasted of oil that needed changing. The meat on the carvery was dry and the BBQ looked like it had been sat there for hours. The salad bar looked nice and so did the puddings. On a positive note it is eat as much as you can and pay for one soda and have as many of them as you like. The place is big and you aren't waiting for a table or to be served because it is self service. The staff were polite and friendly. The floor had knives and forks all over the place so looked unclean. Overall, it is a good idea especially for families because kids can eat what they want. But, if you want quality go to pizza express, a proper carvery, Damons for BBQ, a decent curry house or Chinese and any chip shop would knock spots off it. I have been twice in 3 years and thought the same both times, rubbish food but lots of it. Shame really as it is a good idea but maybe take more time to do a lot better!

• Visited July 2013