“Outstanding!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Brighton, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have never had ice cream like it! absolutely gorgeous. make sure you try the ice cream sandwich! if you like peanut butter make sure you get that cookie, its lovely! the great thing about these guys is they deliver too, dont even need to get up off the couch.

“Sweet tooth paradise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Fantastic shakes, fantastic brownies. Good atmosphere and very helpful staff. Would definitely recommend the banana and brownie milkshake!

“Brilliant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

I loved my visit to Diddy Cool. The atmosphere was vibrant and the service was very friendly. The best ice cream in Sheffield by a long way. Thanks Diddy's :)

“I will be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Since my friends told me about this place, my first trip had been much anticipated and it certainly didn't disappoint.

I ordered 2 Ice cream sandwiches and 2 large daim bar milkshakes. I would definitely recommend. The delivery came within half an hour and everything seemed so fresh and homemade.

I can't wait to see what the rest of the products taste like.

sheffield, UK
“Huge disappointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

This sounded like the stuff dreams were made of. Freshly baked cookies delivered direct to my door until the wee hours of the morning! I waited a few weeks to try this until friends came round so
we would meet the £8 minimum order for delivery. The menu is pretty much a list of all my favourite things so hopes were high. These hopes were sadly dashed straight away when we rang through as they were out of cookies except the oatmeal and raisin ones.. Not exactly baked to order then. One of our group wanted those so we ordered 3 of them. Also they had no Oreo mint milkshake.. Also they were out of both chocolate cheesecake and crunchie cheesecake. We all chose other stuff instead and it arrived within the allocated hour but further disappointment when we charged £34 rather than the £26.75 it should have been. Seems my friend had been given a large tub of butterscotch icecream instead of the £1.25 tub of butterscotch sprinkles she ordered. God knows where the other phantom charges came from, we assume we were charged for delivery without being told, certainly we were not provided with a receipt. Had the food been nice, this all would have been moot. But it wasn't, the brownies we had substituted for the cheesecake was as dry as you've ever had, and the Oreo cheesecake that did turn up, far too much topping to biscuit base ratio! The milkshake was nice, who knows about the choc chip cookies they didn't have, and the ice cream is still in my freezer. Such a shame.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank muir2000
Jayne H, General Manager at Diddy Cool Sheffield, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. So sorry for your huge disappointment. I have looked for your order and cannot find any order listed for £26.75 or £34. For the avoidance of any doubt we do not bake to order on any product they are freshly baked in batches early evening every day. Currently production days on ice cream are twice weekly. Due to the huge demand we sell out of lines on a daily basis, particularly if orders come in late on. However alternatives are always offered. To avoid disappointment please order as early as possible. Deliveries start at 7pm. There seems to have been some confusion on the telephone with your order. We will always provide a receipt if requested. Delivery is free of charge for the first 3 miles and £1 per mile after that. We are a brand new business and the first to deliver milk shakes, ice cream and baked products in the U.K. Since opening on June 8th we have been extremely busy. We are continuing to train new staff on the job. We are very sorry you had a bad experience how can we rectify this for you? Please can you get in contact with Tom on any evening from 7pm on 0114 272 8770.