“Gravity Machines Children's Festival Sheffield”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Blue Shed - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Blue Shed
Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Gravity Machines Children's Festival Sheffield”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

On one of the hottest days this year my friend's son (seven years old) and I (53 years young) went along to a free event in the Big Blue Shed to make perpetual motion machines as part of the Sheffield Children's Festival. Well, the machines actually were gravity chain reaction machines built by the kids and parents/adults. The event was fantastic. Hosted in a very engaging manner with free soft drinks supplied (we needed them because of the heat) and sandwiches at lunch time. The facilitator and helpers were brilliant! After an enjoyable demo of a large scale chain reaction we all set about building our own gravity machines, the aim to get a chain reaction going for 30 secs. If you remember the Honda adverts with lots of bits of a car knocking over the next bit of a car you'll know what a gravity machine is. Anyway, great fun was had; the machines worked in practice but inevitably didn't when demonstrated to the others! Apparently there should be video footage on the web site.

A highly recommended activity and a great way to spend a chilled (relaxed!) morning, afternoon or day down the BB Shed.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank JohnMetcalf2000

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent Venue. Highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

I was recently treated to a suprise 30th Birthday party at the blue shed. The facility is an excellent party venue. Very spacious, a good bar stocked with all manner of bottled beers and lagers and WARDS on draught! Also a good selection of spirits to finish off with! My wife said that the staff were very helpful in making the arrangements for the party and they were on hand during the night should they be required. The toilets were nice and clean too!! Overall experience 10/10. I would definatly use the blue shed again for future events. I know we said it on the night but thanks guys for helping make my 30th party memorable!

Visited June 2013