“pompus assistant manager”

Ranked #300 of 1,482 Restaurants in Sheffield
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2014

the pub it's self was not too bad apart from the smell of cooking oil.
the assistant manager was well out of order, I was waiting at the bar to be served when he served someone before me who me had came to the bar after when I told him this he said no he was before you so I replied well I'm not the bar man am i.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

This pub located in the centre of Sheffield has very much of a student feel and is known in a few of library books of Sheffield to be "haunted". It is not such a large pub, located directly across from the central library but the drinks and food are very reasonably priced with good outside seating facilities for when the weather is good. The food is of a basic nature but very reasonable and basic. The atmosphere has young feel with an area for gaming. The toilet facilities are just off from the bar area and are adequate, infact this is now I would describe the place "adequate" and "satisfactory" with a rounded bar and usually the service is very good, quite quick and manned usually by young student friendly people. I would rate this pub to call into if you are in the town area and I often call in here myself.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

A great breakfast at a reasonable price. As things can always be improved a little bit I would like to add my two-peneth...
Toast was from wrong bread as it just disintegrated when you cut it....
They should use tinned tomatoes - as people generally prefer these to fresh ones and they are cheaper!
Apart from that excellent, and I will be back.

1  Thank Tony K
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Cheap and half decent food though served in actual dog bowls - gross! And this is where I had my first date with my husband so it holds special memories. It is very geared towards students which I find discrimatory.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

It isn't very obvious until after five minutes of trying to catch somebody's attention for some table service. It was only after observing several patrons going up to the bar for refills that I finally got to order my food (at the bar). There is a variety of choices - serving size is more than sufficient. It fills you up - but on the taste side - it's average fare. On the three occasions I had dinner there, I never had enough room for dessert!

The restaurant caters to the student community and offers a discount if you have the student card. The food arrives at the table within 10-20 minutes of ordering and the waiting staff will come round to ask how's everything. Most cafes and pubs are closed after 7pm, so places like this with reasonably priced food is certainly welcomed.