“Italian In The Comfort Of Your Own Home”
Review of Italian Express

Italian Express
Ranked #289 of 1,455 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Italian In The Comfort Of Your Own Home”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Me and the wife wanted to go out for a nice Italian but in midweek decided we couldn't be bothered to get ready and hit town (a bit lazy I know :) ). So we checked online to see if there was any Italian take-away’s, different to your standard pizza shop that do the odd spaghetti bolognaise.

We then stumbled upon Italian Express, as soon as we saw the menu we wanted a couple of things and decided to try it, and boy are we happy we did. After placing the order and being told it would be 45 minutes (Very reasonable to say we live near the Northern General Hospital), the distance was over 3 miles. It turned up within half an hour and the food was so hot, fresh and more than anything tasty. Just as good if not better than any Italian restaurant we have been to before. The Garlic bread is definitely the best around and the Penne Nonna was probably the best pasta dish I have had.

After the meal I was so impressed I thought I would call back and give our compliments to the staff and chef. We are all quick to criticise these days so I wanted to make sure that the restaurant knew how happy and pleased we were with the meal.

Five star, would recommend to anyone and will definitely use again in the future, keep up the good work Italian Express.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jamie_And_L0u

Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Best Takeaway Pizza in Sheffield”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Used this place a few times now and they always impress. The menu reads like an Italian restaurant, but it's takeaway food! The garlic breads and pizzas are the best I've found in Sheffield from a takeaway - thin, chewy and crisp in the right places. My favourite dish so far is the seafood risotto - not normally something you would expect to be good coming in a plastic tub. But the rice is well cooked, it's full of flavour and packed with tender king prawns, squid and shell-fish. (It's also nice cold for breakfast the next day - shh!)
So glad they deliver to my end of town (S10) and it's good to know there's finally some decent pizza only a phonecall away.
Definitely worth a try

• Visited July 2013
Matlock, United Kingdom
“A take-away experience.”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Menu: interesting. Food: excellent. Service: extremely friendly (even giving me a free can of San Pellegrino coca cola following my expression of interest). Always a pleasure to return.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank J T
Preston, United Kingdom
“Excellent pizza delivery”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Very good quality pizzas , efficient delivery service . Coped with a phone order for 12 pizzas without skimping quality.
I would use them again if in the area

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank geoffdav
“Good food at a good price.”
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Great quality Italian food. I have never been to Italy so I don't know how authentic it is, but its really tasty! The free wine on larger orders is not great, but what do you expect for free?

• Visited May 2013