“Fantastic flavours at Xenophily”
Review of Xenophily Cafe - CLOSED

Xenophily Cafe
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Turkish
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Do you want to get a flavour of the Middle East without leaving Sheffield? Well now you can as Xenophily Cafe is the first ever Turkish/Syrian Indie mezzo bar cafe to open in Sheffield. It is located on Ecclesall Road near Hunters Bar Roundabout. Xenophily Cafe serves Mediterranean breakfasts all day and English breakfast with a Mediterranean twist so no matter what time your hungry we are always open.Xenophily Cafe is a specialist in authentic high quality Syrian/Turkish Mezze and Shawarma (Sandwiches) which are served throughout the day and are perfect for sharing with a loved one on Friday and Saturday Evenings, eating as a picnic in the nearby Encliffe park or taking out to the office. If you are serious about tea, coffee and cakes then Xenophily cafe is for you including authentic turkish tea and all blends of coffee endorsed by one of only 25 UK Barista Championship Judges perfectly complemented by the large variety of home made freshly baked cakes on offer. Are you thinking oh no I can't go because I have a special diet? Well no need to feel left out Xenophily Cafe prides itself in taking care of a whole range of diets Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, sugar free and wheat free to name but a few with plenty of options for all its menus including the Mezze and cakes.So no matter what your background, if you fancy bringing your own wine or drinking our locally sourced high quality alcohol free wine or freshly squeezed juices and settling down for a day or evening of Middle Eastern fun then come down to Xenophily Cafe.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Fantastic flavours at Xenophily”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Enjoyed my first trip to this cafe so much that I went back twice more that week so I could work my way down the menu. Favourite so far is Shawarma a traditional Syrian flat bread with the most tender chicken imaginable plus tomatoes and pickled cucumber salad. They also have more familiar things such as hummus and falafel. Delicious range of cakes and the best black decaf coffee I have had in ages. A great find. Open late on Fridays and Saturdays otherwise daytime cafe hours. Good range of options for vegans and people who need gluten free food too.

UK
“What a lovely surprise!!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Driven past this little café on many a occasion, every time thinking to myself I must pop in and try them out, and popped in I did. What a lovely surprise! I only had a coffee and a homemade date slice with a dollop of vanilla ice cream, and I have to say it was scrummy! Because it was homemade it was really filling and the coffee was pretty good too. Makes a nice change from the usual chain cafes where the coffee is wishy washy and the cakes tasting like its come out of a Mr Kiplings packet. The owner, Rachel, is very courteous and welcoming. As mentioned in a previous review, she is passionate about her food and will explain what's in the food and how it's made. There is a good selection of Middle Eastern / Mediterranean foods, all homemade and I am looking forward to giving them a try soon. Watch this space........

“Lovely restaurant”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Good atmosphere, great coffee and cake, friendly staff. The décor is different - Arabic but not clichéd. Local and independent. A real find.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended *****”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I am a big supporter of new local independent businesses and was therefore keen to try Xenophily cafe after walking past it on Ecclesall Road. I went in with my family as it is a family friendly place and sat upstairs after managing to drag my wife past the amazing display of wonderful cakes on the downstairs front counter.

We have been to Turkey recently on holiday and was amazed to see they serve authentic Turkish Tea and Coffee. I had the Tea my wife the coffee and the kids had freshly squeezed fruit juice followed by babycinos. We also had a slice of Strawberry, Almond & Mascarpone Cake which my wife loved and despite not being a big fan of cakes usually myself I couldn't resist but try this and found it to be amazingly delicious.

I took the menu on my way out and noticed they are open for dinner on Friday and Saturday nights. I will definitely be trying he main menu one evening in the very near future."

“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Me and my husband have become regulars at this amazing little cafe. The food is fantastic, traditional, homemade and fresh. The owner is lovely and always makes us feel really welcome, she is passionate about her food and always gives us a detailed description of it. We love this place, one of the best in Sheffield. I really do advise you to go and try it out, I can guarantee you won't be disappointed.

I especially love the cakes that are not stuffed full of butter and sugar and taste delicious yet healthy. We haven't tried the evening meals yet but have no doubt they will be fantastic!

Overall a great experience, espeically today with the Turkish music playing and a glass of freshly squeezed lemonade with mint and the sun shining, we felt like we were holidaying in Turkey!!!