“Amazing!!!”

Xenophily Cafe
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Turkish
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Do you want to get a flavour of the Middle East without leaving Sheffield? Well now you can as Xenophily Cafe is the first ever Turkish/Syrian Indie mezzo bar cafe to open in Sheffield. It is located on Ecclesall Road near Hunters Bar Roundabout. Xenophily Cafe serves Mediterranean breakfasts all day and English breakfast with a Mediterranean twist so no matter what time your hungry we are always open.Xenophily Cafe is a specialist in authentic high quality Syrian/Turkish Mezze and Shawarma (Sandwiches) which are served throughout the day and are perfect for sharing with a loved one on Friday and Saturday Evenings, eating as a picnic in the nearby Encliffe park or taking out to the office. If you are serious about tea, coffee and cakes then Xenophily cafe is for you including authentic turkish tea and all blends of coffee endorsed by one of only 25 UK Barista Championship Judges perfectly complemented by the large variety of home made freshly baked cakes on offer. Are you thinking oh no I can't go because I have a special diet? Well no need to feel left out Xenophily Cafe prides itself in taking care of a whole range of diets Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, sugar free and wheat free to name but a few with plenty of options for all its menus including the Mezze and cakes.So no matter what your background, if you fancy bringing your own wine or drinking our locally sourced high quality alcohol free wine or freshly squeezed juices and settling down for a day or evening of Middle Eastern fun then come down to Xenophily Cafe.
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Me and my husband have become regulars at this amazing little cafe. The food is fantastic, traditional, homemade and fresh. The owner is lovely and always makes us feel really welcome, she is passionate about her food and always gives us a detailed description of it. We love this place, one of the best in Sheffield. I really do advise you to go and try it out, I can guarantee you won't be disappointed.

I especially love the cakes that are not stuffed full of butter and sugar and taste delicious yet healthy. We haven't tried the evening meals yet but have no doubt they will be fantastic!

Overall a great experience, espeically today with the Turkish music playing and a glass of freshly squeezed lemonade with mint and the sun shining, we felt like we were holidaying in Turkey!!!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I went to Sheffield to visit a friend and we were looking for somewhere to eat. After asking someone on the street they said "you see that place with the Blue front; they sell the best Kebab in Sheffield", so we decided to give it a try. I had the Shish Tauq and Fatoush. The atmosphere was great with arabic music, authentic Turkish rugs which looked like they were for sale. The service was warm and friendly with the female owner eager to please. We even got a free profiterole for pudding.

Next time I am in Sheffield I will definitely go back.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Having walked past the café and been intrigued by the vegan options mentioned on the menu, I was not disapointed once I decided to give it a go. As a vegan I have found it rare to be offered more than one vegan dish and rarer still to find that the dishes offered are full of flavours.

The mezze menu contains a lot of vegan options, which is so unusual that in 2 visits I still have not tried them all. But being used to settling for "bland" when I ask for a vegan option, I was delighted that the dishes were bursting with flavours. The baba ganoush, served with bread is delicious, so are the falafels. One of the salads I had, often a sorry choice in a lot of restaurants, was made pleasantly flavoursome by the seasoning.

There are also various treats and sweets on offer, and the owner is on hand to explain which are vegans and which are not (again, this is welcome as you sometimes have to explain to professionals int the restaurant business what "vegan" means!)

There are a few options for vegetarians (who eat cheese and/or eggs) and even meat-eaters. But if you like original flavours, and inventive "exotic" cuisine, whether you are vegan or not, you should love your visit.

The service is efficient, attentive and polite.
An independent café like this is a boon in this part of town, has a strong identity and on the strength of our visits deserves to be a resounding success.

And if you are vegan, the range of choices and the myriad of flavours will probably amaze you. And don't be afraid to take your non-vegan friends; good opportunity to prove than vegan can rhyme with strong flavours and great food.

1  Thank Marseillais_du_Nord
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Our first visit to this cafe was happy accident, we were looking for somewhere to have coffee and cake on a sunday afternoon and we struck lucky with xenophily. The coffee was great , not at all bitter and the cakes (made by the lovely and charming proprietor) were fab. We resolved to return in the evening and had the most wonderful meal of courgette fritters with tabbouleh and fatoush, houmous and caponata. My only regret that was we didn't bring more people as i would have loved to try other things on the menu such as the baba ganoush and falafel (and many more) . It is worth saving space for some of their wonderful cakes. This cafe deserves to be far busier and i hope will be, as long as there is still room for me and my other half!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Two of us went for a late brunch on Spring Bank Holiday Monday. Service was a little slow due to staffing problems, but we got an effusive apology from taste the prietor and an offer of a free dessert.
The food was well worth the wait (which wasn't all that long anyway). I had a full breakfast - the sausages were absolutely superb; the bacon was thick, tasty & perfectly cooked; the mushrooms juicy & herby; the poached egg just right, I could go on.
My other half had mushrooms & bacon with Italian cheese on ciabatta, which was also excellent. The only minor criticism was that the first cappuccino could have been hotter, but the later americano & espresso were hot & tasty.
Very good all round & we'll be back