“Bangin food”

Urban Choola
Ranked #184 of 1,430 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sheffield
“Bangin food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Love it here, delicious, fresh and fragrant. So reasonably priced and lots of choice. The chilli paneer kathi wrap has cured 2 hangovers and counting.

Sheffield
“Friday night treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Not feeling well and deciding I needed some chilli I decided to give this place a go and get a takeaway.
I ordered:
Meal Deal 2
Any 2 kathi rolls, ragda patties & 2 cans of Pepsi OR diet Peps i - which cost £13.50. I got a chicken kathi and a lamb kathi as I figured this will last me for 2 days. Have just had the lamb and got to say it was really fresh and tasty and I will definately be returning in the future for more food.

• Visited November 2013
Chorley, United Kingdom
“If we lived closer we would be regulars”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

We had such a good meal at Urban Choola. The menu is not your run of the mill Indian. I cannot vouch for its authenticity never having eaten street food in India but can only say that our meal was excellent. Spicy scrambled eggs and Gol Guppa for starters followed by Thali. Fantastic flavours nicely presented. The service was good, just the right time between ordering, starter and main course. Also ridiculously cheap - the bring your own drink helps here of course.

• Visited October 2013
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Tasty but not the real deal.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

We were 3 adults and a child on a Sunday afternoon. No dosas available at all . I ate an excellent Samosa Ragda Chaat while my husband & visitor wanted the Thali meals . The Chicken chettinahd thali has 4 or 5 little meals & a large bowl of Chicken chettinad with Nan & Jeera Rice . This included a potato dish only found inside a Masala Dosa & Sambhar which's never eaten with Nan or Jeera Rice . The Chicken Chettinad is a Tamil curry always made with coconut and spices . What we got was an ordinary chicken curry which tasted identical to my uncle's vegetable thali. The single waiter there was attentive ,decor was interesting . Except for these little things .

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Regencychit
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Not authentic”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Went here just to get a starter and it was not what you would get elsewhere. Gol gappey have a mix inside them of chick peas onions etc these were empty. Plus with the usual sauce I got barbeque sauce which is not the usual! Plus reading through the menu rose water is not usually used in biryanis and neither is mint. Sorry but will not visit for no authenticity to typical indian street food!

2 Thank junade