“Best curry ever?”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Recommend the chicken chettinadh and all the Thalis. All delicious and the side dishes were excellent. Bring your own beer too!

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

I came here with a group of friends hoping for a relaxed meal that was something a bit different and fitted our student budget. Urban choola definitely fitted this criteria. I ate chaat and Thali - it was the same as in little streetside eating places in India. Quite small so book if u need a table for more than 2.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Had a meal here the other day with 8 others. We booked in advance, and it's lucky we did as it is quite small.
The food was delicious - really authentic and served to us beautifully. The staff were great and it was good value for money. We didn't realise it was BYOB but we will remember for next time.

Thanks for a great night!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Nice atmosphere, fantastic food, cheap and BYO so it can be a great cheap meal. Some interesting authentic dishes and good service.

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Visited Urban Choola today and have to say I was left disappointed by the food. I went in the hope of having some authentic 'dhabba' food, but this didn't quite hit the mark. I started with the gol guppas, a classic Punjab street snack, but the cases were very stale and the filling wasnt good enough. I also tried the samosa, which was a little better, but still not great. I finished off with the veg thali...very disappointed as one of the dishes was freezing cold....so obviously not freshly made!!! To be honest if you want real Indian dhabba street food, then I think you need to go to Southall or Soho Road...not Sheffield I'm afraid.

Finally considering we were the only ones in the restaurant for sometime, service was slow, but polite.

1  Thank SB78