“Home Away From Home!”

Heavenly Nights Guest House
Ranked #12 of 32 Sheffield B&B and Inns
“Home Away From Home!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This place was awesome. Stayed there around a month ago for around 2 nights. Can't remember lol. Dean and Steve are really welcoming and made me feel at home. The talking parrot is really cool. Free breakfast was great. Dean also picked me up from Meadowhall which saved me the hassle of looking for a minicab number. Bed was also comfy. Way comfier than my one at home! I honestly didn't even want to go home LOL. Oh and great value for money! Upstairs shower could be improved though although I still got more than what I paid for.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Stayed for one night in early March 2014, came to Sheffield for the half marathon.
Host is extremely friendly, professional, and eager to make the stay a comfortable one (gave great directions for an outing, and brought breakfast and light refreshments to my room at a time requested by me). Check-in was easy and smooth sailing. Would recommend the Bangledeshi breakfast, although if you're a big eater, might be disappointed with the portion size.
Room was a single, and was just enough room to move about comfortably. The bed was comfortable and warm, although had a few broken slats underneath. The overall appearance of the room did not have a polished, modern look, however everything worked! Kettle, basin with tap, flat screen TV with remote (large size for a single).

In terms of the room and building, you get what you pay for here: a clean, basic, yet completely acceptable stay in a house not too far from the city centre (although don't try walking back to the house from town unless you are quite fit, the elevation is typically Sheffieldian!)
However, in terms of service, wow! Amazing. Thank you so much for the stay!

There was quite a noisy group of partygoers who came in at about 3 in the morning, but the owner had pre-warned me upon arrival that this may be the case. Fair play to them, sounds like it had been a good night!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Newcastle upon tyne
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

A wonderful, reasonably priced little guest house to stay at, felt like part of the family & delicious pakoras on welcome! Tasty breakfast of traditional English or Indian, great nights sleep & facilities. Would definitely stay again! Staff are very friendly. 5/5 (Also a great cockatoo named Snowy)

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Shropshire
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I found this guest house after looking on trip advisor for an affordable hotel for a business trip.

After checking the reviews on here and phoning up, I had a good feeling about the place since the owner was so friendly and informative.

It's easy to find providing you follow a Sat Nav rather than a road map like I did. On arrival my suitcase was carried to my room and I was brought a little snack and some fresh milk.

My room was very clean, and my bed comfortable. There was a great wifi connection that was constant and strong too which is very important for me.

I loved the fact that you could choose from a english or Indian breakfast and they were more than happy to cater to vegetarians.

I was a bit apprehensive with sharing a bathroom, but it was fine and very clean.

I could make as much coffee and tea as I wanted, and I had breakfast delivered on time to my room every morning. I even took up the personal driver service too which was cheap and very convenient.

It's a small place, and it's not of hotel decor etc but it does what it says on the tin, great value for money, and most of all the customer service is what made it stand out. The owner and guest couldn't do enough for me, it was personal, warm and I felt like I was at home.

Great for females travelling alone.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Joensuu, Finland
Reviewed April 24, 2014

+ Great service
+ Clean
+ Less than 10 minutes to city centre from a near by bus stop
+ All-in-all easy access
+ They made me tasty take away lunch on request in the morning when I was in a hurry
- Rooms were a bit more tired than i expected but I got used to it quickly
- Dind't like the bed or bed linen but still slept very well

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Newtown, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2014

The guesthouse is a little scruffy on the outside and a little scruffy on the inside too, but the rooms are clean enough and the bed was comfortable enough. As for the service, you will find the staff to be the friendliest and most attentive that you will ever encounter. It is excellent and second to none. The breakfast is good and you have the unusual choice of English or vegetarian Bangladeshi (see photo), which was actually very tasty and filling. You have the option of an evening meal, if you don't feel like going out, but all meals are served in the room. The location is ok, it is not too far from centre and you can walk there in 30-40 mins and it is a straightforward walk, but make sure you have your walking boots because Sheffield is a hilly city. If you want to bus it then there are plenty of buses passing by and it is barely 5 minutes by car. My only complain is that the toilet was on the upper floor - I was on the ground floor, so was a bit of a trek when nature called. There is a shower downstairs however, All in all it is a nice place to stay and as far as budget accommodation is concerned, I can recommend it

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Booked this place as a change to the usual large hotel chains. Warmly greeted by Dean, who immediately took us to the Motorpoint Arena in his car, after showing us where everything in his place was. We stayed in the family room, which has two single bunks, a 2+1 bunk and a bed (sleeps 6) - room was a little tired but functional for us getting our heads down after a late night. English and Bangladeshi breakfast offered; we all took the English, which was ok. Room well stocked with tea and coffee and Dean made sure we had enough fresh milk throughout our stay. Thank you.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends