“Working in Sheffield for at least three months”

Heavenly Nights Guest House
Ranked #12 of 32 Sheffield B&B and Inns
March, United Kingdom
“Working in Sheffield for at least three months”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

When I first went to Sheffield I tried a couple of places, this place was the best for money, service an a warm welcome every time.
I am in Sheffield from Monday evening to Friday morning. Dean and Steve are very helpful, and the service they give is top rate.
The rooms are very comfortable, but not the hilton, (Not far off though).The tv has freeview, and there is always tea, coffee, milk and sugar. If you do happen to run out, then tell Dean or Steve and they will bring you more straight away.
I recommend, that you give it a try if your in Sheffield.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Garry H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I stayed at heavenly nights for one night as I was coming up to sheffield for an interview. Dean was so helpful when I was having difficulties booking and it was very easy to find the place from the station. Throughout my stay Dean and Steve were amazing. They made me feel very at ease and were sooo welcoming. The room was lovely. It was clean, well equiped, warm and the unlimited tea and coffee was a great help for reivison. The food was amazing, I had dinner and breakfast there. If you go, try the burger, it's amazing!
Dean was also kind enough to drop me off to my interview venue and pick me up afterwards as the walk would have been complicated. I honestely cannot rate this guest house any higher and look forward to visiting again!!! For such a reasonable price I got 5* service.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
UK
Reviewed December 4, 2013

After planning a trip to Sheffield with a group of friends we booked a nights stay with breakfast included. Upon arrival we was shown around the guest house and up to our room (bathroom and Loo very clean)

We was offered refreshments, that was brought up to our room with some complementary Bangladesh snacks....so tasty! Dean took our breakfast order for the next morning as well.

We ordered dinner, cheap and scrummy. Cant complain at all.

Dean and Steve even went to the trouble of ordering us our taxi to take us to the town center.

Breakfast was banging, gutted I didn't order the Bangladesh breakfast though, consisted of pancakes with potatoes, tomatoes and herbs i presume.

Nothing was two much trouble for Dean and Steve and they made us feel very welcome from the moment we walked in.

Myself and the girls are happy that we stayed here at Heavenly Nights, and for sure will be coming back soon.

All the best and well done guys.

P.S I have told everyone about this fab stay!!

Jessie

1 Thank Jessica J
Slough, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Me and my four friends stayed in the 6 bed dorm this weekend (30.11.13). When we first arrived I was quite apprehensive because I usually prefer staying in large hotels than guest houses.
Never before have I received such a high quality of care from the moment I walked through the door. Dean and Steve were the nicest owners of hotels I've ever met! We paid £16 each, which included a lovely room service full English breakfast. They brought us tea on arrival with pakoras, nothing was too much trouble. Beds were comfortable, bathrooms were very clean. We also bought dinner from them (sausage and chips/burger and chips etc), which was £3.40 - ridiculously cheap! We are already planning to go back there and stay for a weekend so we can see the sights of Sheffield as well as have another pleasant stay at Heavenly Nights. Taxi to town centre from there was only about £5 as well if I remember rightly. Thanks guys!! Correigh.

3 Thank CorreighKillick
Dean_khan, Manager at Heavenly Nights Guest House, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Hi there,
Thank you so much for a wonderfully positive review, there is nothing much better than to have guests that arrive and leave with a wonderful experience of staying in Sheffield.
It was a delight to have such appreciative guests, who despite going out late night to savour Sheffield's night-life, came back very quietly as to not disturb the other guests.
Once again, thank you so much for being excellent guests, we look forward to your visit to Sheffield
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We really enjoyed our one night stay here. We were looking for a cheap but nice place to stay since we were going to a nearby concert and this fit the bill. We were greeted in a warm and friendly way, truly service with a smile. Pakoras and refreshments were sent to the room, it was warm, the shower worked for us fine. It was very lax on closing times which was great because as mentioned we were in Sheffield for a gig. The bed was wonderfully warm - did not want to leave it this morning! Very comfortable, the TV was easy to use. We were given a complimentary breakfast in the morning (choice of English or Bangladeshi) and it was brilliant. The customer service was brilliant. Would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
T0rmented, Manager at Heavenly Nights Guest House, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Hi Lauren,
Thank you for such a wonderful review, we are glad and much appreciative that you chose to spend your night with us in Sheffield. What makes it special for us , is the fact that your stay to see what you came to Sheffield was a success.
There is nothing worse than being disappointed after spending so much money for whatever reasons.
Thank you for being excellent guests, our ethos is quite simple: our guests are more than just guests, they are part of our family and so what we provide should be at the very least set as a standard.
Love to see you guys in the summer, when our exotic tropical fruit garden starts producing, we are hoping for our own home grown bananas and pomegranates next year!!
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I booked a room because I saw a very good reviews in tripadvisor about this guest house. But I was very disappointed. Room I was given was No.3. It was family room which was good but was too cold coz the heater wasn't working. I asked for heating than a guy came and fixed it. No TV remote working. I could not sleep well because room was literally above the kitchen and smells of food/curry/meat and more over duvet cover and pillow cases smells of detergent. I hardly slept 3 hrs during night.
Before I booked a hotel I asked if they do evening meal. The owner of hotel did clearly say, he will manage full indian dinner but when I checked in he said there is no dinner available, but offered me complimentary rice and potato curry. But though I was very hungry and had to go out side at 8:00PM walking 15 min to get something to eat.
I also had an interview next day. when I dressed up my clothes were stinking like a curry. Shower was not working in 2nd floor . Whole 2nd floor was so cold. no heater working in toilet and corridor.
Over all will never stay to this guest house again.

Room Tip: Stay if you have no other option
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Jaysam2013
T0rmented, Owner at Heavenly Nights Guest House, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Hmmmm,
Now where should I start? Firstly thank you for staying with ourselves, we are quite sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us and would have so much appreciated your views or any concerns you had AT that time, after all how can one improve ones service without customer feedback.
On the night in question, room 3's heating was fine and working, unfortunately for us our previous guest had turned the heating down as they had obviously found it quite hot., all it needed was for the dial to be switched on.
In relation to the Indian food requested, unfortunately due to your late arrival this was not possible. However in your eagerness to write negative reviews , you forgot to mention that the complimentary vegetarian meal was provided instead .
We did not charge you for the evening meal of alloo delight and rice which you quite happily enjoyed eating , a couple of hours before you went outside to order further food. The meal that we provided without charging you any extra would normally have been £6.50
Furthermore in relation to our bedding , we are very conscious about the type of detergents to use as some of our guests may have an allergy, the smell that you mistook for detergent was no other than febreeze , found in aisle 9 of Tesco's i believe.
Its not a detergent but a fabric freshener that is quite commonly used for bedding.
We would like to once again apologise for the smell of the curry in your bedding, we are confused as to the source, it may be either from the Bangladeshi complimentary vegetarian meal that was provided FREE OF CHARGE , which you happily enjoyed as you had left an empty plate for us, it could have been the second helping of a late meal from outside combined with the febreeze you referred to as detergents.
Overall we believe we provide more than just good value, as our service also includes room service of breakfast brought into the comfort of your room as well.
In your case it included a double room charged at £25.00 rather than £35.00 as well as late departure with luggage left with us at no extra charge to ensure that you did not have to take your luggage to the interview.
as well as the pakora and the fresh milk we provide with the complimentary tea/coffee
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stopped in early November with a couple of friends while in Sheffield for a night out. On arrival we were greeted and shown to our room and provided with tea, coffee, fresh fruit and pakoras, there was even fresh milk for the tea which was a nice touch. The room was clean and tidy and the beds very comfortable. A cooked breakfast was served in the bedroom along with cereals, my only regret was not opting for the Bangladeshi breakfast. I'll definitely be back next time I'm in Sheffield.

Hi Mr.Collins
Thank you for such a wonderful review, We are glad that your stay in Sheffield was enjoyed without any hiccups and for being wonderful guests, your stay was much appreciated and we look forward to possibly seeing you again in the near future .
Kind regards