“Enchanting”

Penistone Pies & Puddings Cookery Courses
Ranked #1 of 10 Food & Drink in Sheffield
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Tucked away in this picturesque Peak District location you will find a lovely lady with simple, practical and delicious recipes. We enjoyed a hugely satisfying morning preparing canapés, smoked salmon and leek pasta, rosemary focaccia bread, and chocolate panettone bread and butter pudding with amaretto for dinner that evening. Jacqui then laid on an amazing ploughmans lunch (salad leaves freshly plucked from the garden) finished off with a Victoria sponge to die for. It is a very difficult place to leave.

All reviews
in 93 reviews
"leek"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed July 21, 2013

In between eating amazing home baked goods, admiring the stunning views from the terrace, feeding the very beautiful chickens, picking lunch salad from the idyllic vegetable patch, myself and my hen party also learned an awful lot about how to cook. Bread, pasta, canapes, pudding all seemed more simple to make, and more delicious than ever before. Thank you Jacqui. Memories and skills to last a life time, not to mention inspirational stories of restoring a stunning home, I think at least half of us were ready to move in!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Idyllic farmhouse kitchen with a friendly teacher. From the moment you arrive you will feel very welcome and inspired. Jackie's warmth and gentle manners ensure the most relaxing learning experience. Surrounded by beautiful countryside of the Peak District and using ingredients from as near as the vegetable patch beside the house or from the hens, you won't want to leave.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I found Penistone pies whilst looking for something a bit different for my sisters hen do and im very glad I did! Jacqui was brilliant right from the start in suggesting all sorts of different themes and ideas: given I had 9 girls to please with varying tastes and budgets she was extremely patient and accommodating whilst suggesting lovely touches such as providing labels for chutney jars with my sisters name on ( if going for pie making) or basing the day around my sisters honeymoon venue ( italy).
From the moment we arrived we were all made to feel extremely at home and despite a time constraint ( due to our busy scedule for the day) I didnt feel rushed at all.
The menu whilst being delicious to eat ( the reward for all our hard work! ) , also taught staples of Italian cooking in a fun and informative environment; a credit to jacqui!
The venue was stunning and again little touches such as picking our own salad from the garden and a prettily dressed table for lunch all contributed.
All in all a throughly enjoyable experience that I would recommend to anyone; from those wanting to learn something new to those wanting to spend a fun and relaxing afternoon with friends. (Particularly hen parties looking for something not involving 'L' plates! )
Thankyou jacqui!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 5, 2013

5 Star activity for any weekend away! Group of 9 for a hen do weekend making an italian feast! Firstly we made focaccia- this didnt rise in time for us to bake, but Jackie had already prepared some incase this happened! Our rolls then baked later in the class and we took them home. We then made pasta, and a bread and bitter pudding. Everyone is gathered round one work space, and taking bits in turn. Can accomodate 10 very well. We got to enjoy the meal in a lovely dining room. We were needing to fit well to schedule as had another place to be shortly after, and it sfitted very well to time- 3 hours. Would definately recommend, and would be happy to return.