“A fantastic and fun experience in a superb venue!”

Penistone Pies & Puddings Cookery Courses
Ranked #1 of 8 Food & Drink in Sheffield
“A fantastic and fun experience in a superb venue!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I found Penistone pies whilst looking for something a bit different for my sisters hen do and im very glad I did! Jacqui was brilliant right from the start in suggesting all sorts of different themes and ideas: given I had 9 girls to please with varying tastes and budgets she was extremely patient and accommodating whilst suggesting lovely touches such as providing labels for chutney jars with my sisters name on ( if going for pie making) or basing the day around my sisters honeymoon venue ( italy).
From the moment we arrived we were all made to feel extremely at home and despite a time constraint ( due to our busy scedule for the day) I didnt feel rushed at all.
The menu whilst being delicious to eat ( the reward for all our hard work! ) , also taught staples of Italian cooking in a fun and informative environment; a credit to jacqui!
The venue was stunning and again little touches such as picking our own salad from the garden and a prettily dressed table for lunch all contributed.
All in all a throughly enjoyable experience that I would recommend to anyone; from those wanting to learn something new to those wanting to spend a fun and relaxing afternoon with friends. (Particularly hen parties looking for something not involving 'L' plates! )
Thankyou jacqui!

Conwy, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Italian class”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

5 Star activity for any weekend away! Group of 9 for a hen do weekend making an italian feast! Firstly we made focaccia- this didnt rise in time for us to bake, but Jackie had already prepared some incase this happened! Our rolls then baked later in the class and we took them home. We then made pasta, and a bread and bitter pudding. Everyone is gathered round one work space, and taking bits in turn. Can accomodate 10 very well. We got to enjoy the meal in a lovely dining room. We were needing to fit well to schedule as had another place to be shortly after, and it sfitted very well to time- 3 hours. Would definately recommend, and would be happy to return.

Sheffield
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Cooking courses at their best...”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

You cannot get a better location for a cookery course! The informative and friendly courses are held in her fantastic kitchen (part of a wonderfully restored old barn). Jacqui is a great teacher and I got lots of useful insights from her, and of course a few of the other 'pupils' helped me along the way. A great day out and well worth it.

North Wales, united kingdom
“Hen weekend”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have just come home back to Wales after a hen weekend here for my friend, we were a group of 9 and visited pies and puddings cookery class for an Italian lesson and what can I say, it was amazing Jacqui was so friendly and sweet. We got there and were welcome with tea or coffee Nd a big plate of biscottis, Jacqui then took us into the main house to start our class. We had so much fun making our bread, pasta and pudding. When we were eating our food Jacqui was more than helpful always asking how we were if the food was good or if we needed drink refills, I would 110% recommend you come here. I'd defiantly come back and learn more skills. I'm off to buy my own pasta machine tomorrow so I can continue to make home made fresh past

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Perfect Pastry Cookery Course”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have just attended my second course with Jacqui Marsden. The courses are held in her lovely homely kitchen in a very friendly atmosphere , all set in idyllic countryside. She is a brilliant teacher and lots is learnt not just from her but from all the participants sharing tips. The Perfect Pastry course covers choux pastry ( easy WHEN you know how!) , sweet and savoury pastry with additional tips for other types of pastry. We made quiches for lunch ( to go with the delicious home made salads and pork pies that Jacqui had prepared, chocolate eclairs for pudding, and French apple tarts to take home. Totally scrummy!

Visited April 2013