“NIce Food Shame about the Decor”

Hare and Hounds Pub
Ranked #828 of 1,464 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: British
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“NIce Food Shame about the Decor”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We have visited numerous times but its about time the owners brightened the place up .It was bank holiday Monday and quite full but the room nearest the Kitchen was decidedly gloomy even though all the lights were on!
The food was typical pub food with not a lot of inspiring choices to make although reasonably priced with really hot chips always a bonus .If you want something simple this is for you with an enormous burger list to choose from.

• Visited April 2014

“I felt like a hare being molested by a hound”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Disappointment would be an understatement. Me and my friends were patronised by the owner amd treated like dirt. The food was good but overpriced and service was awful. We shall not be coming back, as we felt anything but welcome.

• Visited February 2014
4 Thank louis182
Sheffield
“Nice steak, good price, but in desperate need of a complete refurb”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We both had a rib-eye, which was really good. The chips, salad, and indeed service were all good too. This lovely place needs a complete refurbishment. It's not even shabby chic, it is old, worn out and stained. The brewery really should be ashamed of themselves and do something, or sell it on...!!!

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank hurrahholiday
“A shame”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I live locally and this used to be a very nice pub, but that was several years ago and unfortunately it has gone down hill and never recovered despite having several different managers.
The brewery really ought to wake up and put a good manager in this pub and some investment.
The top bar is frequented by tracky bottom and baseball cap types, the pub is in a poor state of repair and has had problems with drugs........I do not know if it still does as I only went back in last weekend just to see if anything had changed! Unfortunately there seems to be little evidence of any improvements which is a real shame, needless to say I will not be calling in again for sometime unless I hear the pub has improved significantly.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank Del B
“poor service”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

i had ordered two singles of jura whisky with 2 cubes of ice each. The bartender was insistent on looking at my id in spite of me being 37 years old. This is fine, but he kept looking at the id for ages and saying things like i look very young but the photo of my DL looked like me so it might be me. When i asked if he was satisfied and requested my id card back, he said he was till looking at the details. He then proceeded to pour the whisky as a double into one glass and gave it to me. I told him that the order was for 2 singles. he then proceeded very slowly to pour the same whisky into two separate glasses without measuring and gave it to me. i told him that i had asked for 2 cubes of ice each!! The gist is that your staff are concentrating on checking the id of the customer( which is good) but then a very poor service.The order took nearly 3 times as should have taken leaving other people waiting. When i told the bartender, he said it was checking id came first and service 2nd!! I have visited hundreds of the best pubs in the country and was astounded that your employee could come up with such a statement. this probably is a statement that is prevalent amongst staff in underage nightclubs/city centre bars and not befitting of a good suburban pub.

• Visited September 2013