“Great food and prices!”

Ranked #2 of 10 Food & Drink in Sheffield
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed December 8, 2014 via mobile

Visited twice during our weekend visit to the city, on Friday we ate , all had fish and chips which was excellent, home made hot and tasty. On Saturday evening we popped in for a drink on the way in to the city, we were again made welcome, we will be back

4  Thank Fiona K

Reviewed December 2, 2014 via mobile

Visit here regularly for a pint but never food. After tonight it may become a food pub rather than a beer pub! Great value and great service. Would recommend!

3  Thank Thomas C
Reviewed November 24, 2014

My husband and I went along with two friends to try their Sunday lunch it was excellent my husband had the lamb I had the belly pork and our two friends had the nut roast as they are vegetarian everything about it was cosy and friendly the service was very good we were even given a free drink each as we were the first people to try the Sunday lunch I would recommend it to everyone we will definitely be returning thank you Kay,Terry,John and Joan .kelham island

2  Thank kay t
Reviewed October 30, 2014

We were staying at the Hampton with Hilton just across the road from this pub.

It is a cosy little pub with a good selection of beers and wines and a wonderful range of whiskies. We initially went in for a drink and then having studied the menu decided to go back to eat. This was a Wednesday and we assured there would be no need to book a table

We duly returned to find the pub heaving, the girl behind the bar having forgotten that there was a quiz at 6 pm on that night.

No matter, not to be defeated she moved heaven and earth as well as the odd regular(bribed with free beer) to free up table for the four of us.

So, not only did we have excellent food and drink, but the added bonus of an early evening quiz.

So much did we enjoy the place that after our theatre visit we adjourned once more for nightcaps - this time sampling some of the wide range of whisky on offer.

Just to mention that after the quiz a large plate of bread cakes appeared followed by an equally large bowl of chips so that the quizzers could have free chip butties, and I have to say that the chips were brilliant.

So if you are in Sheffield staying any where near this hostelry, give it a go you will not regret it.

2  Thank Norman L
See more reviews
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Just read a previous review..."Prior to Stephens taking over, we visited the pub and there was a group of unpleasant men sitting round a high table near the bar who were apparently regular locals. They were rude and harassed me every time I went to the toilet."

Jude! It seems they're back! I gave the pub another try yet it's such a shame that a 'troll' or three can ruin peoples chance to have a chilled drink. The group of rowdy men were getting quite out of hand and I feel that the lovely staff don't have a handle on it. Such a shame! Back to the Kelham Island Tavern where they don't take foulness and rowdy behavior.

1  Thank impyness