“Neither 'average' or 'good' (we need a 'good' option Trip advisor!!!)”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Tropeiro Sheffield - CLOSED

Tropeiro Sheffield
Cuisines: Brazilian, Barbecue, South American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Tropeiro is a Brazilian Restaurant based on the “Rodizio” dining concept. In Brazil we take the simplest idea of combining wonderfully seasoned meat and flames with skill and patience, in order to capture the meat´s individual flavour. These mouth-watering meats are cooked on the barbecue and carved directly to your plate at the table. With each of the different cuts offering a unique and succulent experience, you just can’t help but indulge yourself. Our menu offers up to twelve different cuts of meat, depending on the time of day you eat, and our full range includes beef, pork, lamb and chicken; accompanied by unlimited access to a sumptuous selection of gourmet salads, fresh-cut vegetables and a variety of traditional Brazilian side dishes.
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Neither 'average' or 'good' (we need a 'good' option Trip advisor!!!)”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

We came here for lunch, last saturday afternoon after stumbling upon it whilst trying to escape the weather. £10 for an all you can eat lunch menu seems very reasonable, and is, if you don't want too much meat! The thing is, the salad bar is great to help yourself to, including a range of mixed salad dishes, with pasta and rice. As well as bread, soup, fried potatoes and a couple of various stew type dishes. However, the concept of the restaurant is to help yourself to the salad bar, whilst you wait for the meat to be served, you each have a card which you flip to green if you would like to be served and red if not. The server will come round with various meats on a large skewer (lunch was; gammon, sausages, ribs, chicken thighs and beef) If the server sees that your card is on green he will come and offer you the meat. Seems like a great idea, and it is if you are happy to ask for more as you will typically be served a small portion, much to my fiancé's dismay. Overall I would come again, the dinner menu has a much wider range of meats on offer and I imagine would have a much more lively atmosphere.

1 Thank Sarita P

“Not the same as Texas de Brazil, but good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

A colleague suggested we try this place for lunch and the description he gave sounded like the upmaket Texas de Brazil chain that I have been to in the US. The idea is similar, but this was on a smaller scale, with a much smaller but still interesting salad bar and probably because we went on a quiet lunchtime, a smaller meat choice too. However, it is all you can eat, so you never have to leave hungry. We did try sausage, pork rib, chicken, steak and gammon and they were all very nice. The cost was also reasonable at £15 each given we had a drink each and a coffee too. I would try this again with the family if the opportunity arose.

Tropeiro-Sheffield, Manager at Tropeiro Sheffield, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant on tripadvisor, we value all our customers comments and I am glad to hear you enjoyed your time in our restaurant. We try our best to make sure that customers are happy with the food we provide as well as with the service.
We Hope to see you again soon.

The Management Team
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Interesting concept which doesn't always work”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Ate here with my boyfriend on Sat 10th March after we had been to a matinee at the theatre. We were walk-ins and we arrived around 5.50. We we're offered a table for two and informed they needed it back by 7.45pm- not a problem. The staff were friendly and pleasant throughout. The wine (a South African shiraz) was excellent at £17.50 a bottle.
Unfortunately we've previously eaten at the Glasgow 'Viva Brazil, less than a month ago and we couldn't help but compare the two. At Tropeiro there was much less of an atmosphere however that could be put down to the time we were eating. The beef was all so tough we couldn't eat it and left it in the bowl on the table. We did tell the staff on the customer satisfaction card so hopefully they'll address this problem.
The salad bar too was a bit of a let down. There was a lack of imagination which was displayed at the other restaurant with the same concept I've eaten in.The fried rice was so hard it was like eating grit until the kitchen staff brought a fresh tray out which was much, much better.
The gammon was excellent, as were the sausages although these seemed to make much more regular appearances than any other kind of meat. The lamb was also good. A nice surprise was the BBQ'd pineapple which was fab and made a welcome change from all the leat.
For the two of us the bill came to just under £62 with a £17 bottle of wine. It's not cheap but the staff are friendly and attentive and hopefully some quality issues will be addressed if people keep giving them feedback.

• Visited March 2013
Sheffield
“Great idea for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

My partner and I had lunch here on 9 March and thoroughly enjoyed it. We were welcomed by a lovely waitress who was really friendly and approachable and she explained how everything worked. From the "meat waiter" we had chicken wrapped in bacon, beef, pork and gammon. The salad bar was really good, there were lots of different dishes: a lovely pork and bean stew, veg curry (I think) rice with peas and ham, chilli butter , bread, breadsticks, olives, couscous, cweetcorn, brocolli cheese and others which I can't remember.

The meat was well cooked, not rare thank goodness and tasted delicious. The staff were really friendly and not "in your face" and we left feeling pleasantly full.

We thought it was worth the £9.95 but thought the deserts were a bit expensive so didnt try one. I am sure some people would have eaten a lot more but we left before we exploded.

I am not sure whether we would spend the £20+ and go in the evening as I think we would struggle to eat that amount's worth of food.

On the way out I queried whether the restaurant would be suitable for my friend who is gluten intolerant and the waitress showed me a laminated sheet which listed the foods that would not be suitable for her which I thought was great.

We would definatley go back again

• Visited March 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I went for my Mums birthday there were 8 at the table the bill came up to £222 its nothing like what you get in brazil. Your meant to get served a lot of meat but here we must of had about £5 worth of meat each. the resturant was so busy we hardly ate anything. Drinks are over priced also so stuck to water. But i must admit the food we did manage to get was lovely just wish there was more of it.

• Visited February 2013