“Food was great!”

Ranked #370 of 1,477 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: We are a pub on Division street in Sheffield City centre. We do great homemade food, great beer and most importantly have great customers.
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Went on a Friday night around 8 and was one of the only places that was still serving that had a seat so we were unsure on how it would be. The food was amazing, we had the southern fried chicken and chips. Not greasy at all and really tasty, nothing like a cheap takeaway version. The price was good for the quality. The atmosphere was good, music maybe slightly too loud for us as we wanted to chat but it was a Friday night in a bar so was expected. Overall was a great meal and would happily return!

There are newer reviews for Bungalows & Bears

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I visited Bungalows and Bears 3 times within 2 weeks, its a really cool quirky place with a great chilled out vibe, lots of sofas and seating areas and a good simple menu. It does lots of american type food with burgers and fries, macaroni cheese etc Being vegetarian I find it hard to find a place that does good vegetarian burgers, I had the halloumi burger first which isn't all that great, I wouldn't try it, but I then had the veggie breakfast which is my favourite thing on the menu. The double cooked fries are to die for! The drinks are a little bit pricey but its a nice hangout place that I visit regularly and will continue to.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I came here with my partner and his parents for a burger and it didn't disappoint. Since my last visit, the menu has changed somewhat and gives you better options to build your own burger (extras range from fried eggs to pulled pork). I had the cheese and bacon burger with mac & cheese as extra.

The burger was cooked around medium and was full of flavour, one of the best burgers in Sheffield. The chips are wonderfully tasty (due to the way they cooked) making them crispy on the outside but soft in the middle. My only negative about the food was there could have been a bit more mac & cheese.

The only issue with service was the waitress' attitude about one of the burgers missing a topping, making it sound like we were wrong. She realised her mistake when another waitress came along.

Overall, I'll be back for another!

Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Set in the old sheffield fire station this is a pretty cool place to hangout in the day or evening. Quirky pics and low comfy sofas with very good service whenever I've visited. Food pretty good especially fish finger Sarnies and the burgers. Guest djs on some nights too

Reviewed March 21, 2013

You are after the burgers here. Otherwise, this is a pretty typical Sheffield bar. Everything else on the menu has been sub-par. But those burgers are gorgeous! We have tried to go a few different times when there was live music, but it is not my style. The staff has never been outstanding, but the service is quick. The sofas near the bay doors are the best seats in the house on a nice summer day. The staff opens the giant doors and in come the breezes and sunshine.