“Italian delight”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Italian delight”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Not our first visit here but we have been on different days & had different meals each time to find that we cannot find fault with anything on the menu. We tried the antipasti this time with a selection of Italian breads and was pleasantly surprised with the quantity ... value for money and would certainly choose it again.The staff are attentitive, pleasant and accommodating and I would say the BEST place to eat in Meadowhall o.k. the ambience could be better would I don't think I would change a thing.

• Visited February 2013

South Yorkshire
“Disappointed”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Went here today with my mum for lunch. I had spicy penne pasta with pancetta and my mum had nicoise salad. Seemed like a very standard chain Italian until our food arrived. My pancetta was not cooked at all, I suspect it had just been chucked in at the last minute and therefore I did not take my chances by eating it. This left me with the rest of the lukewarm, and quite tasteless pasta. My mum was disappointed with her salad as the potatoes were not cooked. They had obviously been blanched but were hard so clearly not cooked enough. My mum asked for some cooked potatoes which they did provide, however they did say the potatoes were supposed to be like this. Seeing as raw potato is actually poisoness I find it hard to believe it was supposed to be raw. The service could have turned this around however the staff didn't really seem to care. So all in all it looked like it would be a nice place to eat but I was disappointed and won't be going back. I deliberated whether to give this a 2 or 3 rating but have given it a 3 based on if nothing was wrong with the meal it would just be a fairly standard Italian.

• Visited February 2013
“better than most”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We had a buy one get one free offer, so not a special occasion, so we decided we would book a table at Carluccio's on a shopping visit to Meadowhall. We arrived 30 minutes before our booked time and although the restaurant was pretty busy the cheerful hostess quickly whisked us off to our table in a very welcoming manner. We had a great waiter who put us at ease with using our voucher and dealt with our order really quickly but in a way that showed he actually cared - a rarity in these chained restaurants. We only had two rib eye steaks but they were fantastic, cooke exactly to our request, very tasty and well presented (again a rarity with chained restaurants). Two steaks for £14.90 was great value. A very good experience and fabulous value - we are thinking of going for Valentines Day now - Italian romance :-)
Well done Carluccio's we will be back

South Yorkshire UK
“Nice start to a night at the cinema”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Decided to try this place on the way to going to the vue cinema at Meadow hall centre. It has nice decor and the service was prompt and very friendly, which ensured we were finished well in time to see the film. As it was the first visit we went with the standard stuff on the menu which we could compare with similar places we visit. Starters of Bruchetta and Mozzarela/ham were very nice, with the italian breads as a warm up before they arrived. The breads were really good. Main meals were Carbonara and Rigatoni with a ham based tomato sauce. Again very tasty, but the rigatoni portion was a little small, however that fitted the bill, with us sitting thru 3 hours of Les Mis straight after, so not an issue on this occasion. will be going again. Specials board had a good priced Rib eye steak, which would be a good option for an occasion when time is less pressured.

Derbyshire
“Great place to eat in Meadowhall”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Called in one Sunday lunchtime. The place was busy but within two or three minutes two staff had spoken to us and told us a table would be free very soon. It was. The menu was good and the two course special menu was excellent value. There was a good specials board as well as the usual menu. We only intended having two courses but the food was so tasty and well presented that we stayed for desert. You can see into the kitchen so are able to see how hard the chefs were working to get up hot food but the attention to detail was not missed. The waiting staff were all polite and efficient and smiley!
Great place to eat, we'll definitely be back, maybe on an evening when we've more time.