“Food you love that loves you back”
Review of Pure on Raw

Pure on Raw
Ranked #226 of 1,448 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Food you love that loves you back”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Went here for lunch with a friend expecting culinary weirdness but keen to try it as it's one of the few veggie places in the city and weird can sometimes be good. It's opposite the Nichols building on Shalesmoor which, for those who don't know it, is a horribly busy road near Kelham Island ie it's not exactly scenic.

Couldn't decide what to have so had the tasting plate which included three salads, an amazing pizza and an interesting though slightly too crispy burger. For dessert I had an apricot tart with two scoops of ice cream, little chocolate crisps and sauces that made me want to lick the plate. If you think dehydrated bulgur wheat has no place on a plate never mind in a dessert you're in for a surprise.

It's not cheap but it was interesting, lovingly and expertly prepared, wholesome and delicious. It made my body so happy I couldn't bring myself to eat junk for a whole day afterwards (a minor miracle for me). My fantasy is to earn enough money to get a taxi to deliver meals from Pure on Raw on a daily basis. I swear, I'd never eat junk again. To the lovely woman who owns it, thank you and see you again soon.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Speakout2014

Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Raw.....tastic!!!!”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I have been introduced in to raw food eating by this restaurant. I am not a vegetarian or vegan either but I love trying different foods and thanks to this lovely place I had chance to try raw food cooking and I absolutely fantastic. The food was great and is hard to believe that non of it has been cooked!!!!! It looks amazing ( my friends has been taking photos like mad),and it tasted good too, The freshly made drinks are worth of trying...home made ginger and apple ale was amazing. My boyfriend feel in love with their apricot cheesecake( is so good that is hard to believe is not made of cheese!!!)
I would be back there for sure and I would recommend to anyone who is open to try anything :)

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Magdalena B
“Yum”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Very very very very good food - we had the V burger and the plate was a work of art.
Shakes great too - especially the strawberry cream

1 Thank Mriscp
Matlock, United Kingdom
“worth a visit but take your coat!”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We ate here recently and I have to say the food was magnificent. We were a varied group, vege/vegan and carnivore but all were very happy with the food. The service was also lovely, friendly and efficient. The ambience on the other hand is a little mixed. It felt like a takeaway, sparse and cold-and boy was it cold, we sat with our coats on throughout the meal.

• Visited January 2014
Harlow
“Stunning food”
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

This is the second time that we've eaten here and enjoyed the whole experience just as much the second time. It's the best restaurant food we've ever eaten.

• Visited December 2013