“Very much recommended”

Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Visited the restaurant this weekend. I was blown away by one of the starters, entitled Nibbles, which featured a fabulous range of breads which were very unusual and very tasty. Quite simply the most interesting starter I've come across in years. The main course was good as well, although we felt it was a little similar to the starter and so lacked some of the impact of the latter.

The owner came across as a very pleasant and sincere person. Portions are big, and could easily be shared by 2 people. I couldn't eat all my main course and had to ask for a doggy bag!

Only downside was the lack of atmosphere - we visited on a Saturday evening, and during our stay there was never more than ourselves and one other couple there. I suspect this has a good deal to do with its location in an area just outside the city centre which is in the process of being regenerated. As a Sheffielder is fine by me, but it lacks the passing traffic to attract more customers.
Very much hope to return!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I have to admit at first I was somewhat apprehensive about eating a cafe/restaurant dedicated to only raw food but in the time since Pure on Raw has become something of a not so guilty treat for my girlfriend and I. The range of flavour, colour, texture and taste is amazing, it really is a treat for the senses. Having been a fairly dedicated carnivore about a year ago it's food like this that made me realise just how incredible and versatile simple, vegetarian/vegan and raw food can be. I've now been vegetarian for nine months and have a budding enthusiasm for raw food and vegetarian cuisine that I couldn't have envisaged before.

1  Thank Christian T
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We went here for the first time yesterday - I had the taster plate which was a little burger (nut 'meat', onion bead(?) base and salad), half a raw pizza (onion bread base(?) with pesto and tomatoes on), sauerkraut, appleslaw and salad. My friend had 'pasta' which was fresh veg noodles. We each had a lovely juice with it. Everything was so fresh, juicy, crispy...and filling! Really delicious! I tried the raw chocolate cookies which were yummy (I was too full for a dessert straight after the meal!)
The 'veg boxes' look good and I might try one for a treat sometime but it's quite a lot of money if you can only order a minimum of 9 items though I understand you get lots and the quality is exceptional and specialised.
The café is small and tranquil and the owner was friendly and happy to answer any questions I had - I can't wait to go back! :)

1  Thank jen w
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Found this place by happy accident. WELL worth the money. The juices and shakes are more ish and the ciabatta club I had tasted too good to feel like I was being healthy. In short AWESOME

1  Thank marley74London
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I tried the first time raw vegan and the food is excellent, very tasty and very healthy. The atmosphere was good; they are not at all pretentious. The place is very clean. The stuff is friendly and helpful. Probably it is the best place to eat in sheffield and I'm very picky :)