“Tasty curry with good service for daughters 8th birthday treat”
Review of Prithiraj

Prithiraj
Ranked #80 of 1,540 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our aim is for customer to be satisfied in all aspects
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Went out with family for daughters 8th birthday - she chose curry so for a change we looked at what was good on Tripadvisor and selected this restaurant. We were not disappointed, good/friendly service but not intrusive, excellent starters (we shared the mixed kebab) and main courses, and the waiters kindly gave my kids free ice cream to top off a good value meal around the same price as the average price of a curry in Sheffield.

1  Thank Prof_Hatman

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We actually took advantage of the free delivery and had the best Indian curry we have had in a long time, possibly ever. Whilst ordering over the phone I got advice and suggestions like a restaurant customer and nothing was too much trouble. The person taking the order really knew his stuff.
The meat, prawns and vegetables were fresh and very tasty. The food was full of herbs and flavour. the rice and naan were cooked perfectly - it was a fabulous meal!
In terms of price, it was no more expensive than most indian take-aways, but even in Sheffield, where good indian food is widely available, this really stood out in terms of quality.
Included free were three popadoms with onion salad and four dips, all of which were really flavoursome.
We will definitely be trying the restaurant out soon and make this our usual for delivery.

1  Thank trav36
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Just got back from having a meal here. The food and service was second to none. The waiters and waitress were the best. I think they should be commended for their attention given throughout. I have to say many thanks to the chef. That's the best Indian we have had ever

1  Thank Karen L
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Decided to go here on a bit of a whim late on a weekday night. Due to the time we where one of only a couple of tables in but the atmosphere was good and surroundings relaxed.

We ordered poppadoms for starters with a nice selection of dips which as you would expect was nice and tasty. For mains we had a Lamb Jalfrezi as well as a Chicken Bhuna both accompanied by Naan bread and Rice. Both dishes were fair sized portions and very tasty, the Jalfrezi maybe a touch to hot compared to others I have had but still very nice.

My only minor gripe with this place is that is was a touch pricey compared to other Indian restaurants I have eaten at. 1 Poppadom is £1, now ive never paid that much as usually they are only 50p each or even complimentary at some places but I considered that a little expensive. Overall the price was around £18 each for all the meal (excluding drinks) which is possibly the most I have ever paid for an Indian meal. Although very nice I possibly wouldn't go again as I know I can as good food for a little less than the price paid.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Walking into a highly style Indian restaurant and this is Sheffield.must say very impressive.lets get to the real deal the food is even better than the deco and the service even helps the build the atmosphere with the quality of service. I asked for recommendation and my god I must say that the staff there must have a degree in curries. When the food arrived the fragrant was delicious before tasting the dish the taste was so good I have no words to explain the taste. I had the raj special king prawn with onion rice. This is defiantly a winner in Sheffield. Try it to believe it.

2  Thank SarahB230