“Sheffield Doc/Fest Venue”

35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Sheffield Doc/Fest Venue”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I spent some time volunteering for Sheffield International Documentary Film Festival at the Workstation and it's a brilliant place to both work and attend screenings and exhibitions. It's become part of Sheffield's cultural heritage already, love it.

Visited June 2013

33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“visit to the cinema”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

me and the head girl went to see the book thief last thursday morning, early doors showing for the more mature citizens of the parish. really good film with a good back story to it, really enjoyed the experiance, especially the cup of coffee and peice of cake in with the price, good value for us old young uns give it a whizz.

Visited March 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“My Favourite Night Out”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I love the showroom. It has a really relaxed vibe and is small and intimate . The bar staff are all helpful - food is good - coffee is yummy. I know its looking a bit shabby and probably could do with a re-furb - but its still my favourite place to go to see a film and chill out with friends . I have been to see lots of films here - last one was Mandela - No it was Meryl Streep one - enjoyed both anyway .

My sons bought me a membership - great gift - just the ticket!

I have also been to several film events/parties - good venue for a cool relaxing eve

Look forward to next visit .

Visited February 2014
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great alternative to chain cinemas.”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Great little indie cinema. I absolutely love coming here. The food is great too. There is nothing better than watching a great film, followed by a few drinks in the bar. Do it!

Visited February 2014
Liverpool
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Refreshing indie cinema”
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

I have recently moved to Sheffield from Liverpool and the thing I miss the most is the Fact Picturehouse. I had my first visit to the Showroom this week and I'm so happy to discover it. If you love cinema because you love film then this venue is for you. Somewhere you can go and watch a film, alone or not. It feels like the other patrons are there for that too and not to constantly chatter or rustle wrappers! I look forward to future trips.