“Perfect”

53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 239 helpful votes
“Perfect”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

From the moment one walks in everything feels just right. Harry the ticket man has that old world charm one does not get in modern commercial cinemas and the rest of the staff actually seem happy to work there. The ambience is good . There is a nice cafe with a good range of choices catering for a range of different tastes. The cinema auditorium is good with screens bigger than many to be found in larger multiplexes. If you don't need to sit in twos to eat a pizza sharing a table with others whilst watching a movie then this cinema beats the new Everyman in Leeds and at £3 a ticket cheaper provides better value for money.

Visited May 2013

62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Cakes and ale! oh a film too!!”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have been a visitor to the Showroom in Sheffield lots of times, in fact I was a member for years, but I have rediscovered it, now I am semi retired!! LOL I go with my friend on a Thursday morning, cakes , coffee or tea and a film for under a fiver, The cinemas are warm and comfy and the cafe/ bar is good for beer and snacks, they also do a cracking soup and lunch time menu, the chef is great I think he was a Gordon Ramsey chef.

The down side, slow service so go early so you dont miss the film if you go at lunch time, not so bad for an early doors performance. Great value for us over 55s

Visited March 2013
6 attraction reviews
“filmandsnack”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

A freind and myself have been to see song for marion today the cinema is very spacious and comfy we enjoyed the film and would recommend our age group to go and see it everyone 50plus we then went in cafe had the coffee and cake offer which was very tasty we will go again and try a meal off the blackboard we hope to go and see hitchcock next week looking forwords too it.

Visited February 2013
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 121 helpful votes
“Really good cinema”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is an excellent cinema. The facilities are so much nicer than at the big complexes and it is very close to the station which is ideal and makes a nice day out if you are taking children on the train like we do. They put on lots of events throughout the year and during the week including sessions for children before the weekend screenings of kids fils. It is good value for money when you consider what you get for it in nice surroundings.

Visited September 2012
Brackenborough
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent meal at cafe/bar”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Enjoyed a really tasty meal for 2 at the cafe/bar of Sheffield Showroom Cinema on 13 October 2012. Delicious squash soup with toasted seeds scattered on top and meaty pork terrine and homemade piccalilli to start. Then Ii think, the best fish I have ever tasted - seasoned lemon plaice with a rocket salad to garnish. My partner had rolled breast of lamb on mash. I'm glad we passed on the side dishes because we managed a portion of homemade chocolate and fresh mint ice-cream and a slice of lemon cake with our coffee.
The setting is informal in the bar, and was very busy when we arrived, but quietened down soon when the 6pm performance began.
The service was friendly and we were well looked after. My glass of house red wine was just the right temperature and there were plenty of alternatives on offer.

Visited October 2012