“We must have gone to a different restaurant?” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Brooklyn steakhouse and grill - CLOSED

The Brooklyn steakhouse and grill
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
“We must have gone to a different restaurant?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

We went to the Brooklyn based on the Trip Advisor reviews and were thoroughly disappointed. We were a party of 4 and all of us were underwhelmed. We all had burgers, they were dry, no flavour, the bread bun was particularly dry and the cheese was tasteless. They were served on wooden boards with splits in them ( put me off right away). They had ran out of our chosen starters. Also the service was really poor, I think some people need some front of house training.

They also didn't even have a proper wine list, with details and descriptions of the wine, which was bizarre.

We are all really confused because of the great reviews on here. We probably won't even give it another chance because we were that underwhelmed.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank HHH1984

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Brilliant wedding Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

We recently had our wedding meal for our family here 30 of us and all 30 had fabulous food and great atmosphere Great job Kurt and all the guys and the girls there Fabulous staff and fabulous food will be seeing you all soon many thanks

“Perfect steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We went to the Brooklyn to celebrate my birthday, and it was a really lovely meal.

The starters offered very good value for money, and the chef was very accommodating, tweaking the chicken wing starter for me.

The waiter was very helpful, and you've got to love a maitre d' with a flat cap!

The fillet steak (we were splashing out!) was beautifully cooked, lovely and tender, with gourmet coleslaw and tasty posh chips. It was a really fantastic meal.

Sadly we were too full to attempt a pudding, but we certainly intend returning, to try more from the menu.

Highly recommended.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Good steaks and burgers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

I've eaten here three times and the food has been great every time. The steaks are tremendous with a good choice of side dishes. I've also had the lamb burger which was also very nice. You can also just go in for drinks if you don't want to eat. It seems a bit more expensive than the other bars around Kelham Island, around £4 for a pint, but it is a nice place inside with booths and tables, and the service is always good. I felt a bit sorry for the waitress on one of the occasions we visited as she was on her own with quite a few tables to serve, and when she'd finally got all our drinks set out on the bar she knocked them all flying and they smashed everywhere. I think it was her first shift as well but thankfully her colleague arrived to help clear up the mess. I hope The Brooklyn continues to do well as it looks like it could be a nice venue to sit outside in the summer and get slowly skulled on wine.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Ian F
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Been for the first time tonight, me and my other half just had a look on the Internet for somewhere different to go for a meal, we both love steak so thought we would give this place a shot, it was absolutely beautiful, everything was so nice I couldn't find one fault, we had fillet steak and it was cooked just as we asked. Staff very helpful and friendly. Everything you would expect when you go out for a nice meal.

I would strongly recommend this place.

Just for the record I'm probably most fussiest person in the world when it comes to food....but Loved it!!!!