“A home from home”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Sheffield
“A home from home”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We visit the Moorlands everytime there is a family birthday and we are never dissapointed. The drive up there is gorgeous, country side views just instantly put me in a pleasant mood!

I read someone elses review that it's bland food and full of noisy kids? I don't know of one time that i've been where its been brimming with noisy kids, some people are just ridiculous. The food is lovely if you get a carvery and ask the chef for a cheeky slice of extra meat they never say no and the vegetables are unlimited.

The bottomless ice cream is an extra £1.50 with carvery and its that really nice whippy icecream and its great for kids, they can do it themselves and put as much sauce on as they want.

There's loads of seating and you can request somewhere more private, i have on two occasions and it's never been a problem.

Crown carveries are delish and its worth mentioning that there is free wifi.

• Visited May 2013

rotherham
“good value and super food”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We went on way back from derbyshire, warm welcome, good selection and fantastic value. It's worth getting adult portion for kids as its only 50p extra and they get loads more.

Busy at weekends and slightly more expensive but still fabulous value.

Midweek is cheaper and we never feel rushed when we go no matter how busy it is.

Check it out but not til the snow melts!!!!!

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Amazing Carvery!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The Moorlands is the best carvery I have ever been to! Me and my brother go there once a month and it never disappoints us everytime we go! The food is absolutely delicious (especially the gammon and the sausages!) It's so cheap as well, which makes it even better! Plus, it's only a 40-minute trip on bus from Chesterfield, so not too bad!

1 Thank coolguy2456
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Cheap for a reason.”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The place is great and it is cheap but that is where it ends I have to say.
The food is overcooked and dry and is quite bland, but the worst thing is because it is so cheap then it atracts families with large numbers of children (I am not anti child at all) and also people who tend not to care too much about how their children behave.
If you like to eat bland food with noisy kids and gravy up the walls and disgusting toilet facilities, then this is the place for you.
I would rather pay £4 more per head and eat decent food in clean surroundings with decent toilets.
Toby carveries are better.

• Visited January 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Food with a view”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The Moorlands never fails to deliver a pleasurable eating experience. Now "old hands" at this establishment we avoid busy weekends and between 5.00pm - 6.30pm on weekdays. Weekdays otherwise are relatively quiet and you can "bag" yourself a window table with beautiful views and quick, no fuss service.

I have to say the bar staff seem to lack personality but the Chefs that serve the carvery are extremely friendly and very nice to converse with. My children love the chefs and enjoy being asked what they would like.

I can highly recommend the gammon, (always delicious) turkey and pork are great and my daughter tells me sausages are the best! I love beef but best to ask the carver if its dry or not.....in my experience it does tend to be dry. Vegetables are plentiful and topped up regularly. I love the roast potatoe's.

Time your visit well, "bag" a window seat, focus on the chefs not the bar staff and I guarantee an extremely satisfying experience. Factor in the amazingly cheap prices and it becomes even better!

1 Thank Amanda D