“Friendliest restaurant on London road”
Review of Little Hanoi - CLOSED

Little Hanoi
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Great food, friendly staff, nice atmosphere, but most of all baby friendly. This place is well rounded authentic restaurant. Go there, you will enjoy.

1  Thank Julian Z

Reviewed January 28, 2013

My favourite restaurant in Sheffield. The ingredients are so fresh, you leave feeling healthier at the end. I recommend the summer rolls and papaya salad. Staff are friendly and service is good. Authentic Vietnamese menu. Vegetarian and vegan friendly. Has to be tried.

1  Thank 20Bel
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is my second visit and I love the food here - it is so tasty and fresh, with a varied choice for vegetarians and vegans. The first time I visited the food was good, but the places smelled overpoweringly of toilet cleaner; so I thought I would give it another visit before writing a review. This time - no toilet cleaner smell, great!

It was cold (snowing) outside yet our table by the window felt fine and was certainly warm enough (contrary to what another reviewer has said, but I suppose everyone has a different internal thermostat). The decor is clean, warm, yet uncluttered.

The staff give you a warm welcome and provide complimentary prawn crackers; fewer than you get in some places, but they are the better, thicker, tastier ones.

We ordered one dish of tofu and aubergine in garlic and chilli, and another dish of green beans, with 2 orders of steamed rice. Everything was cooked to perfection - neither over or underdone. The 'green beans' were not in fact the green/french beans I was expecting, but mangetout served with a little red chilli and delicious mushrooms.It didn't disappoint. The rice was fresh, fluffy and ever so slightly sticky. The green/Vietnamese tea we ordered had a mellow, refined flavour (not too strong, which is a pet hate of mine) - and the waitress gave us free top ups of hot water.

The 2 waitresses that served us were very smiley, polite and gracious, and seemed to genuinely care about providing a good service. They were attentive, without being overbearing.

My one and only criticism is that the music they play is awful (Take That, Cliff Richard, muzak), and slightly too loud. Some traditional Vietnamese music would be good, or some classical - anything really except what they currently play! Don't let this put you off too much though; it would be worth eating here if they played Gangnam Style on a loop!

1  Thank QwertyWoo
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Massive thank you to Paul and his team for making my first visit to a Vietnamese restaurant such a memorable experience. Loved it thank you for making birthday one to remember. You have to try this place amazing plus go in the karaoke booths.

1  Thank Godber27
Reviewed December 9, 2012

After traveling to Vietnam in September this year, me and my boyfriend wanted to find authentic vietnamise food in Yorkshire. We found it in this fantastic place Litte Hanoi where everything from food to service is exellent. The meals we have tried, brought back memories from our travel and we will be visiting this restaurant more offten. The prices are very attractive and the meal you get for what you paid is fantastic. Get there befor 5 pm and you get 10% of your final bill :)))))) What more do you want ???!!!