“DISAPPOINTED”

Graze Inn
Ranked #151 of 1,520 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Hungry? Then have we got some treats for you with our Graze flatbreads and rotisserie chickens. British ingredients are used for the flatbreads and our free range chickens get a massage with our special seasoned rub. We reckon they taste pretty awesome! Thirsty? We're firm believers that size matters - so it's a good job we've got a big bar! There's a selection of beers from the award-winning Thornbridge Brewery, as well as plenty of wines and spirits, or discover a twist on a classic cocktail.
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was really looking to visiting Graze Inn after recommendations from friends who'd previously dined here but I am sorry to say I was quite disappointed. I visited with a friend one Friday evening and although the staff were friendly, the service was very poor. We had to wait quite a while before they took our order, their excuse was they had some parties in which were taking up their time and staff. The food was nice but I found the menu very limited in choice - it was more daytime food than dinner.

The bar area was nice with a buzzy feel which compensated a little.

A shame, as the place is really nice.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We visited Graze Inn for the first time on Saturday 9th March for a combined Birthday and Mother's Day treat. We found the young lady who waited on our table to be extremely welcoming and very pleasant. She was quick to notice when we had finished our drinks and was generally very attentive to our needs without being intrusive. We found the food to be of a high quality and good value for money. The decor was equally of a high standard - very fresh and clean and we look forward to future visits in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Last years Mothers day meal turned into an expensive nightmare so this year I was careful to choose where we would be eating. I'm happy to report that The Graze Inn fulfilled all my expectations and more.
We were greeted at the door and shown to our table by very friendly waiting staff. The lady who served us was very attentive and was extremely helpful, advising and explaining dishes.
I ordered a slow-cooked beef Sunday lunch which was absolutely delicious. I didn't know wether to eat or sit on the Yorkshire pudding it was so big!! Roast potatoes and veg were cooked to perfection. Likewise the younger children had delicious burgers which were devoured with relish and my eldest daughter (also a chef) had the rotisserie chicken with sweet potatoe fries.
Although we were suitably stuffed we decided to order a sharing board of desserts meant for 2. Not sure how they calculate enough for 2......the apple pie alone would have served all 4 of us but we also had cheesecake, key lime pie, pecan pie, death by chocolate cake and the most delicious fruit cobbler I have ever tasted.
A big thankyou to all the staff who made our experience so enjoyable. We will be regulars from now on I suspect and would highly reccommend to anyone wanting quality food at a sensible price.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Just been here for Mother's Day (my 4th visit to Graze). MASSIVE disappointment. Don't know why but even when we book and ask for a table towards the front of the restaurant we always end up in the back. . . Guess what? It happened again. To be fair the waiting staff did offer to clear and reset a vacant table at the front but we decided to just stay put for less fuss.
This being Sunday and this being Mother's Day I had hoped that there would've enough roast beef Sunday lunch to still be available at half past four - alas no!
Second choices all round for everyone then. If I'm honest the whole of the food seemed 'tired' and totally uninspired. The tastiest part of the meal was the selection of breads and balsamic dip. As a keen home cook I want a meal out to be something more than I can produce at home . . . . This unfortunately wasn't !
The final straw was when the bill arrived and was double the expected cost - the food and drink from previous users of our table was also included. The problem was rectified quickly but just another little disappointment.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I have written a number of reviews on tripadvisor - nearly all positive as I strongly believe in supporting good restaurants/hotels.

However this shambles of a restaurant was simply appalling for me and my four colleagues.

In short- not greeted on entry, no one offered to assist with coats, waited 20 minutes before we had to go to the bar to buy our own drinks because no one offered us any.

Eventually I decided to try and broker some kind of feedback to our waiter so we could get our evening back on track. He simply swore at me and then ran away. It honestly was the maddest experience I have ever had in a restaurant in 40 years of living.

Take my word for it - avoid at all costs.

6  Thank Bolchy1968