“A little gem in the centre of Sheffield.”

Marmadukes Cafe Deli
Ranked #77 of 1,483 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Delicatessen, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My boyfriend and I had a lovely lunch at Marmadukes recently for the first time. It's somewhere I pass almost every day and it's always busy with tasty food on display, so I figured it was worth a visit.

Unfortunately there was no room for us to sit inside but we grabbed the last table outside. There was a chance of rain that day so we were a little bit apprehensive about what we would do if it started to rain while we were eating our food, but figured we would cross that bridge when we got to it.

My sandwich was delicious and the pasty my boyfriend chose got a big thumbs up from him (it was huge!) The chips we shared were delicious but the portion size was small to average.

There were blankets outside for people to use should they get cold, which I thought was a great touch.

The staff all seemed very friendly and attentive which is always nice to see.

It's a shame it's not a big bigger inside as we would have preferred to sit indoors, but I think that adds to its charm. It is certainly packed full of style in terms of the decor!

Prices are a little higher than we're used to but to support a local business with fresh, homemade produce which changes regularly we don't mind so much.

We will definitely go back.

Peaky937, Owner at Marmadukes Cafe Deli, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Reviewed September 28, 2013

It's sad that this country is consumed by huge chains and this place is such a refreshment. I had the full English breakfast which tasted so fresh and flavoursome! The cooked tomatoes were delightful in particular. I'll be back every week that I'm in Sheffield. Great style, great food....the only thing and collated small issue is that they were so busy (understandably!) that there was a longer wait than I'd expect but in such delightful surroundings I can easily excuse it!

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

I had lunch with a friend here and had a grilled wild mushroom Sarnie - Delilah and came with side salad with a snazzy dressing. Free tea refills too! Lovely atmosphere (we sat on the sharing table) and great rustic presentation. Small selection but i loved that because I didn't have much time! Can't wait to come again, excited to have found somewhere doing good quality all-day breakfasts too!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Had Sunday brunch here. Very good service, nice atmosphere and varied menu. Very good all day breakfasts, with good veggie choices too. All food and coffee excellent quality. Nice touches include home made jams & marmalade. Strongly recommended.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I had about 30 minutes before a recent meeting in central Sheffield and had chance for a coffee and to catch up on my e-mails; I didn't want to go to a CostaNerroBucks so I was delighted to find this place just 2 minutes from where I was going to be meeting. I only had an Americano, which was very good, and I was given the password for their two Wifi routers.

I very much liked the overall style and feel of the venue: a successful blend of the rustic and industrial. I was greeted by friendly staff and asked if I wanted food or drink, but I didn't have to answer the most frustrating question: 'do you want anything with that...?'

I can't comment on the food, but my coffee was hot and if it has not been so I would have politely asked for another, as I have done in other places.

I very much liked Marmadukes and will certainly tell others.