“What a GEM!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bishops House Bistro
Ranked #103 of 1,417 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Caribbean, British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: We predominantly serve British cuisine but every Friday is Caribbean cuisine from 6pm
Sheffield
“What a GEM!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

This is such a lovely place to eat I have been today for a friends birthday and we all had a fabulous time. The food is amazing the atmosphere is very relaxed and the service is friendly and efficient! Your welcome to bring your own wine (prosecco for us today) and An ice bucket was provided and champagne glasses. Cannot recommend Bishops House Bistro enough. I have also been for Sunday lunch and that was absolutely fantastic the best Sunday lunch I've had.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank LouiseSheffield

Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“What a fabulous place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

Theresa my sister in law recommended it and booked for 12 family members on mother’s day. The service was professional and friendly the food was delicious and presented to high standard, the fish cake starter reminded me of my mother’s salt fish filters, to die for. They accommodated one of our family members who has a food intolerance THANK YOU. I’ll be going again soon.

• Visited March 2014
4 Thank Janette B
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Best kept secret in Sheffield”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

You think to just a small cafe, but the a Bistro nighs are as good as any restraunt you will find in the city. Pizza night is superb, burger night awesome.

The best thing, hands down, is the Caribbean night. I knew nothing of Caribbean food but the chick pea curry is my fave meal of all. My wife goes crazy for the oxtail curry.

The service is awesome, the guys who work there are very friendl and accomodating.

Their full English breakfast is also way better than you would expct for £3.

Everyone I know who has been raves about the place. You can tell how good it is because the owner is on first name terms with everyone who goes there, so clearly it's a place people like to frequent.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Barry C
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“What a little Gem !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

We have just returned from a Mothers Day celebration with our families at the Bistro. What lovely food we had, our families can be quite picky and for once they were all really happy with their food.The staff were fantastic and extremely chatty and friendly,even though we are quite an awkward bunch.Thanks so much to Sean and the staff.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Theresa T
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Cosy Place to be”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

I've eaten here several times and i've always left there full and very pleased, friendly service too. Caribbean night is my favourite, absolutely amazing love it!!!! I've told my friends to go...

• Visited February 2014