“Great softplay” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Play Arena
Enfield, United Kingdom
“Great softplay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

The Play Arena is a great softplay for kids. I have a 4yr old and a 7yr old and they love playing there. Especially as the play area is so big and it has different play zones to suit different age groups. A great place for mums and dads to catch up with each other too, while the children play.

Visited August 2013

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Thank you for another great party!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

My son had his 3rd and 5th Birthday Parties at the Play Arena. Both times we chose to go with the Exclusive Play party package. Even though the play centre was open for business all day by 6pm when we arrived the centre was spotless. The Play Arena staff were extremely helpful and they met all my personal requirements.
We come here on regular basis and all the children love it. My niece and nephews range from 2-9 years old and when they come they always have a great time. There are different play areas for different age groups which is all under one roof. I've been to many play centres in Sheffield and this is by far the best! Other places adults have to pay extra to get in. Yes some places are slightly cheaper but the play area is so much smaller and some just offer a basic play frame. There is so much more to do at The Play Arena. Loving the new SkyRider too! My 5 year old went on and now he can't wait to go back.

Sheffield, UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Staff pleasant enough, but it looks like they're driven into the ground and they struggle to muster a smile! Horrible and lifeless

Horrendously overpriced! £12 for two kids on a Sunday morning....

4 Thank nickwhite26
Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Party Venue in Sheffield”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Just had my son's 5th birthday party at Play Arena and I can't recommend it enough. We hired out the venue from 6pm until 8.30pm on Saturday 19th October and it was simply amazing. We were greeted on arrival by the fantastic Play Arena team who worked tirelessly throughout the evening to ensure that all the children who attended had a wonderful time. I've been to a few parties in the past at indoor play centres and what makes Play Arena stand out is their attention to detail and the amazing facilities they have on offer. We had full use of the new sky wire which I would describe as a zip wire around the ceiling. Children and parents loved this activity and it really made the party memorable and stand out from any other party my children have attended in the past. We had to drag the children away from the activities to eat the food which I have to say was of excellent quality and variety. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff who were pleasant all evening and I simply can't understand other negative reviews on here. Friends and family have been calling and texting us all day to say what a wonderful party it was and we can't thank the Play Arena enough. If you are looking for a party venue which is exciting, clean and great value for money then look no further because the Play Arena ticks every box going, by far the best party venue in Sheffield!

1 Thank AJB379
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Rip Off and filthy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

Recently visited play arena, found the food counter a complete rip off.. Paid £3.60 for a cup of tea for 2 which was exactly the same sized pot as a tea for one, just gave you smaller cups. A large coffee ( Once the froth had settled down) was only half a cup.. Service at the food station was incredibly slow, toilet were so filthy, our kids chose to wait till they got home before going, so we left in a hurry. We will definitely not be going back ....

4 Thank Mick M
PlayArena, General Manager at The Play Arena, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience of The Play Arena. I am disappointed that you did not feel able to bring up the issues you mention in your review however, I will address them as best I can.
On the issue of the Tea for two, the teapots used are the same as those for the tea for one but where a tea for one is ordered, the teapot is not filled fully. The size of the teacups used is not varied at all. Therefore, the price is £1.80 for a tea for 1 and £3.60 for a tea for 2. All our prices are also clearly indicated on the drinks menu.
The Coffee that you asked for was a Cappuccino which is a shot of espresso with hot milk with a froth on top. Should you have been unsatisfied then my team would have happily made you another coffee.
On the subject of food service being slow, we are sorry however on the day in question we had a lot of people in and at those times particularly during the lunch time, then inevitably there is a longer queue than at other times. All our food is also freshly prepared to order rather than using pre-packaged items therefore at busy times food waits can be prolonged. We apologise for this, but hope that the wait is worth the better quality of food being served.
On the issue of toilets, these are checked at regular intervals by my team however, often at busy times, things can change within minutes if being cleaned particularly when there are over 300 children with parents in the building. A quick alert to my team would have solved this problem. However, we apologise for the inconvenience suffered.
I hope I have answered your issues and hope that you will consider visiting again. We look forward to seeing you.