“Excellent place”
Review of The Play Arena

The Play Arena
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have been to this place many times, my kids have a fantastic time. They play for hours and don't want to go home. We enjoy the food especially Jerk chicken panini. Management and staff are very friendly. This place is child friendly, they have got monitors all around. We don't have to bother about the parking. This is one of the biggest play area I have been. This is the best place for birthday parties.

All reviews
in 15 reviews
"football"
"cinema"

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Went to play arena on the weekend and my kids had a fantastic time it's the best playcentre I have ever been too,the food is great they have the best tuna melt panini also the coffee is amazing.
The playarena is very clean and that's really important for me and the staff are friendly kids can't wait to go again.

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I took my child to a party here today. First issue, why on earth paint with red gloss on a day you are open? Inadequate signs meant lots of children covered in red paint. When we arrived we were told we couldn't go in as the parent of the birthday children was not here yet and she hadn't paid. When we were finally allowed in, a table hadn't been reserved for the group, no buckets for shoes and presents and no juice for kids. When the person helping with the party finally arrived to introduce herself (45 minutes later) her excuse for not setting the table up was "I don't know where my head is today". Downright appalling experience all around. Would never have my child's party there.

8  Thank HelenJSibbald
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We hosted our 1st anniversary party at the Play Arena yesterday after having a very bad experience from a company not too far away!

The Play Arena management and staff were really accommodating, from allowing us use of the disco room at very short notice, to publicising the event and allowing free entry for the children attending our party - not knowing how many would attend.

We had about 15 children and it was great. They did arts and crafts and party games with us (as well as a little sponsored Big Toddle around the Play Arena in their play suits!) and then were able to wander into the exciting play arena and back again.

I also visit with my boys and have been to a few parties at the play arena before. My boys absolutely love it - the choice of apparatus is great: football, the soft shooters across the top of the football area is a good activity and they love the helicopter and of course the slides. I like it because the televisions everywhere mean I can keep an eye on them and the seating in each area means I can contain them without being worried I can't see them, whilst having a drink.

The food can be an expensive addition for mums without much money, but you can choose to come at a time between meals so no food/drink is needed. We've always bought food there and love the jacket potatoes....and cake! I think the food is good quality compared to other play centres.

My experience of the toilets is v different to the other reviews on here - I have always found them to be clean, which is why I would choose the play arena play centre over others.

I like the fact you dont pay for adults.

One improvement I could suggest re parties is simply to have diverse party bags. If you've been to a few parties here, all the contents are exactly the same. The kids dont seem to mind, but may be a good offering for parents.

All in all - we have a great time when we come as a family - my husband even loves it!!