“Second visit...won't be my last! ”

Little Mesters Cafe and Bistro
Ranked #399 of 1,447 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: French, British, Cafe
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Little Mesters Sheffield is located in the heart of Kelham Island, Little Mesters offers seasonal, locally sourced, freshly made food. We are proud to be working in partnership with Sheffield Museums Industrial Trust to bring Sheffield a cafe & bistro with a difference. We have an exciting fresh cafe menu serving everything from freshly brewed coffee and cakes to our fabulous home made burgers and traditional Sunday lunches. Our bistro nights bring fine dining to Kelham Island, with an ever changing seasonal menu to tantaslise your tastebuds. We also offer the perfect setting for your private event, whether it be a children's party, wedding or business meeting. Little Mesters also offer an outside catering service so if your looking for an outside caterer to cater for your event at an alternative venue then look no further. From buffets to BBQ's. Hog Roasts to a la carte fine dining, we have a menu to suit every type of event.
“Second visit...won't be my last! ”
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely meal when we visited this restaurant last week! We did have the groupon voucher which made it brilliant value for money.

The beetroot 3 ways starter was really lovely and interesting and both puddings we ordered on the night (creme brulee and choc and hazelnut torte) were delicious.

My only minor gripe was that my cod loin main had the tiniest bit of broccoli with it (not even a mouthful) even though it was described as one of the main components of the dish.

It was really busy but the service was still efficient and good. Would recommend :)

Sheffield
“Worthy of praise”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Just like the reviewer below we were also cautious after a few disastrous Groupon meals but Little Misters put our faith back into the joy of eating out.....Great location (not often you can eat in a museum).
Well cooked food & a good choice from the menu, presentation & service was excellent throughout and a nice atmosphere without being pretentious. A good night out in Kelham Island.

• Visited March 2014
Sheffield
“A top night was had”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I celebrated a ‘significant’ birthday with an evening event at the Little Mester’s. Nicola sorted the menu, David sorted the Bar and Corey the catering. We had steak & Abbeydale ale pie, veggie option with Hendo’s of course and parkin afterwards. Everyone involved was very helpful and professional, we hired the Millowner’s Arms next door from the museum for the Bar (Abbeydale Deception) and had the Kelham Island, River Don Engine run. It was a memorable night all round. I particularly liked the way David & Nicola adapted the menu to suit our likes as I don’t do fancy food! However, I know they are more than capable of providing that if you wish. We had about 75 there, but not all in the same room at the same time probably.

• Visited February 2014
Macclesfield, England, United Kingdom
“Hope your're not in a hurry!”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Whilst visiting kelham Island Industrial Museum, we decided to visit the Cafe for some lunch. Despite being seated very quickly and our order being taken within 5 minutes of arriving, we then waited over 50 minutes for our food, which consisted of sandwiches and toasted teacakes plus one cooked meal. Customers who arrived and ordered after us received their orders before us. When I asked the young girls behind the counter when we were likely to receive our food, I was told they had a new chef, but it still didn't explain why food was taking so long or customers did not appear to be served in order. At least two other groups were sat waiting as long as ourselves. Very disapppointed with the speed of service, I don't expect fast food when food is made from fresh, but to wait this amount of time is unreasonable.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Joanne S
littlemesters, Owner at Little Mesters Cafe and Bistro, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Joanne,

I can only apologise for your experience over the weekend unfortunately I was in hospital with phenomena and was not in the business it is not our usual standard of service. If you would like to contact me on 0114 2756244 so that we can discuss this further.

Yours Sincerely

David Briggs
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food and ambience”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We took a groupon deal for this occassional bistro which I have had very good reports about. The freshly cooked and locally sourced (?) food was delicious. 'Nouveau cuisine' presentation which was beatiful but don't expect huge portions. Fine for me but my husband was concerned until he had a huge cheeseboard to finish! We had Beetroot soup and Fig Tart Tatin to start and Fillet mignon to follow - delicious. Deserts were also delicious. My feet were cold so make sure you are well dressed, it felt warm but the floor is tiled! Candles on the table and proper linen tablecloths and napkins.Yup, highly recommended even for full price of just under £25 per person for 3 courses.

Visited February 2014