“Informal visit for a quick lunch bite”

Little Mesters Cafe and Bistro
Ranked #395 of 1,427 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Little Mesters Sheffield is located in the heart of Kelham Island, Little Mesters offers seasonal, locally sourced, freshly made food. We are proud to be working in partnership with Sheffield Museums Industrial Trust to bring Sheffield a cafe & bistro with a difference. We have an exciting fresh cafe menu serving everything from freshly brewed coffee and cakes to our fabulous home made burgers and traditional Sunday lunches. Our bistro nights bring fine dining to Kelham Island, with an ever changing seasonal menu to tantaslise your tastebuds. We also offer the perfect setting for your private event, whether it be a children's party, wedding or business meeting. Little Mesters also offer an outside catering service so if your looking for an outside caterer to cater for your event at an alternative venue then look no further. From buffets to BBQ's. Hog Roasts to a la carte fine dining, we have a menu to suit every type of event.
South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Informal visit for a quick lunch bite”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

A group of us visited the museum and sat outside the café having a bite to eat. I had one of the best Ploughman's ever, served on a hot slate. Salad, 2 types cheeses, pie, a chorizo type of salami slices, onions, picalli, petit pan type of roll, butter, etc.
Excellent service and the other items shown on the menu also looked very tempting indeed!

• Visited August 2013
littlemesters, Owner at Little Mesters Cafe and Bistro, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Clive,

Many thanks for your kind comments,

We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back in the near future

Yours sincerely

David and Nicola Briggs

yorkshire
“Not impressed”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Came here on a deal monster for Sunday lunch. The place looks nice and we had read the previous reviews so we were really looking forward to it.We hardly touched our starters we sent them back and told the staff why we had.
We saw the chef bringing out food never did he approach our table .The yorkshire puddings were nice and the leeks were really tasty.The meat was lovely and pink but I couldn't eat it all as it was too chewy.I'm certain as my children left there food also this is why the staff when they came to take away our plates never asked if all was ok. Paid the bill and left .Very disappointed we won't return.

Dear sir,

sorry that it has taken a while to respond,

Yes you did let us know that you did not enjoy some of the starters however sardines do come as a whole fish and I believe that you did not want the trio of chilled soups so we let you have something that was not on the menu that being parsnip and ginger soup, which I believe your children did not enjoy.

You are correct I did bring some food out as all of the front of house staff were busy, I believe in working as a team. I am sorry that I did not stop at your table but we had a full restaurant and my main role is to ensure that the food is cooked and delivered to all of our guests.

Regarding your comment about the Beef we take this on board and I have taken this up with our meat supplier as I was not totally happy with the joint but we cannot make a judgement until the beef has been cooked.

My wife was on the floor all day on the day that you came to Little Mesters and could have attended your table at any time, we train all of our staff to attend tables both durnig the meal and at the end when we are clearing your plates and I am verry surprised at your comment regarding not asking if you had enjoyed your meals.

Really sorry that you will not return as we pride ourselves on repeat custom.

Yours sincerely

David and Nicola Briggs
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Just this minute got home from having one of the best Sunday dinners we have ever eaten . Crayfish cocktail = divine , Yorkshire puddings the best I have ever eaten in a restaurant. My husband and I both had roast beef which was lovely and pink and very very tasty. The gravy was also beautiful , we will definitely return. Service and staff were efficient and friendly. Will not hesitate to recommend to friends and family .

• Visited August 2013
littlemesters, Owner at Little Mesters Cafe and Bistro, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Little Mesters and thank you for your kind comments. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Best Wishes

Nicola & David Briggs
Sheffield
“Great service again”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is our second visit to the Little Mesters, the first was on a Groupon for a bistro evening which was very good and today we were on a Living Social deal for Sunday lunch, on both occasions we have had great service and the staff have been very polite and professional, the young waitress today remembered us from our previous visit which was almost 3 months ago so they do care about their customers. We had 2 course lunch but this is Yorkshire so you get your Yorkshire pudding before your lunch which is how it always was when I was growing up so nice to see this tradition being upheld, we both had crayfish cocktail to start which was really fresh and quirky as it came with mini smoked salmon sandwiches.. I had the roast beef with all the trimmings and it was really good, my husband had the pork and he was more than happy I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant, I am sure we will be returning soon as they change their menu to suit what's in season

• Visited August 2013
littlemesters, Owner at Little Mesters Cafe and Bistro, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Good Morning Mr & Mrs Ranson

Thank you for taking time to place your feedback on trip advisor and thank you for your kind words. We take immense pride in our staff and are delighted to see that you were recognised by Courtney on arrival. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us again and hope to see you both again soon.

Best Wishes

Nicola & David
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The cafe bistro is situated at the Kelham island industrial museum. Furniture is quite basic, however it helps the atmosphere. Staff are pleasant. When we arrived it was quite busy so we had to wait a while for our order to be taken. We had at two courses crayfish with salmon starter for me with beef roast main. The starter was excellent, however the beef was slightly over cooked. Yorkshire puddings came as a separate course prior to the main course, amusing.
Because it is a cafe aswell the Little Mesters caters for various types, families, couples, teens etc.
Overall enjoyed the lunch will return again. PS appears to do a mean all day breakfast

• Visited August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Little Mesters and thank you for your kind words. I can only apologise that the beef was overcooked for you- this could & would have been changed for you had we been aware. We hope that you will return to Little Mesters in the near future- perhaps for one of our all day breakfasts?!

Many thanks & Best Wishes