“Good food but too expensive”
Review of Giraffe Meadowhall

Giraffe Meadowhall
Ranked #283 of 1,548 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Visited on New Years Day with my wife and 2 kids.

The food was tasty and wholesome but fairly expensive.
1 dessert which was enough for 2 people was £5.40 ! Should have smaller portions at reduced price.
Soft drinks were quite expensive at £2.45 each.

Total bill was rather surprising and noticed the optional 10% service charge had been added on. Outlets like these should ask before adding it on rather than the customers asking to exclude it. I usually leave any tip in cash to ensure the staff actually receive it.

Would return but would try to use with some sort of discount voucher to ensure better value for money.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Went on New Years Day, prior to going to the flics. Told waitress we had a fixed amount of time. Ordered just mains & sides, all great execpt for the veggy main which wasn't hot enough, probably prepared too soon, before the rest. No probs they re-made the dish and replaced it as quick as they could. One oddity we were told that the salmon fillet dish took extra time!!! A fillet of salmon shouldn't take any longer than a burger, unless of course they had to de-frost it first. All in all the usual high standard of easy grub we have come to expect. Service was fine also.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Bit of an oxymoron,the title.I am not a shopper like many males,particularly of my generation,unless it involves DIY,recore or book shops,of which there are few and far between at meadow hall.I agreed to help my wife look for a few new things for the house as we have just moved,exhausting!
The day was saved by having lunch at Giraffe.The staff were extremely pleasant and the lunch menu we tried was pretty good value and very tasty.I baulked at the cost of bottled water,as usual,mainly because I was distracted by The appearance of the delightful Kate Rusby opposite me with a throng of children on what appeared to be a birthday outing at the restaurant.
I would be reluctant to return to Meadowhell,but a lunch visit to Giraffe May just swing it!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

There was no goats cheese so we could not have the special menu which is cheaper and no alternative was offered. The staff informed us that there is a "world shortage"!!!! The food when it arrived was presented well and tasted ok. We had a bottle of house wine which was half price and cost £7, excellent value. Did not like the 10% service charge being added onto the bill it was only by chance that we spotted this and promptly deducted it! I like to decide for myself if the service is worth tipping.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

we called in here mid-week lunchtime, our first time, only because there was a 20 minute waiting time next door at Franky & Benny's, and there was no waiting at Giraffe's. There were 4 adults in our party and all wanted a decent one course meal. Between us we had a chicken burger, deli burger, anti tapas and nachos, along with 2 soft drinks a 2 beers.
The service was good and the meals themselves were tasty and nicely cooked, but nothing special by any means. Our bill came to £60, but being in a rush we did not spot the dreaded 10% service charge and the waitress did not mention it, so we left an extra £8 tip aswell
Would we go again?
No! there are plenty of other eateries in Meadowhall to visit.