“Nothing outstanding, good chain restaurant style food”
Review of Giraffe Meadowhall

Giraffe Meadowhall
Ranked #295 of 1,453 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Gainsborough, United Kingdom
“Nothing outstanding, good chain restaurant style food”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Giraffe is a chain restaurant that offers a wide selection of fast food. The Meadowhall branch was fairly busy when we visited, but this did not affect the service which was fast and efficient.

Our drinks arrived quickly and I would recommend the Teapigs Fruit Iced Tea which is served in a jam jar style glass, it's very refreshing and a little bit different. I ordered the Rodeo Chicken Burger which came with fries and sauce, the burger is dressed with mushrooms, cheese, tomato and onion rings. The burger was tasty, but is fairly thin, so was a little on the dry side. My partner had the full rack of ribs, the waiter advised that the half rack was quite small, so he went for the full rack. This was tasty with lots of sauce anf a portion of fries. We did feel that although this was a full rack, the portion was fairly small, especially as it was almost £16.

The desserts were very nice, the chocolate mousse was fairly light and quite simple, but the Apple, Cherry and Almond Crumble was delicious, we enjoyed it very much.

Overall, it's a decent eating place, if a little on the expensive side for what is basically fast food. The service was good, the staff were attentive and knew what the were talking about.

Mt biggest complaint is that a 10 per cent tip is automatically added to the bill. I understand that this the norm for a large party but do feel that it is not necessary for a party of two people and is actually quite presumptious. This would certainly put me off eating here again.

• Visited February 2013

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Good food, good portions”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

First time I've been to Giraffe but will go again. Nice food with good choice. Service was generally good although table laying/cleaning could be better (eg. Putting napkins on wet tables). Tables were fairly close together so as you could easily hear other people's discussions if you want privacy it's probably not for you. However, the food was good with decent portion sizes.

Loughborough, United Kingdom
“Different choice of menu with good quality & service”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Went on a busy Saturday lunchtime with a baby which could be asking for trouble but didn't have to wait long to be seated, served and get food which was great. Food quality was good from the varied menu, although there are cheaper places in meadowhall food court!

South Yorkshire
“I like Giraffe”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Went here for breakfast today. Have been a few times previously. I like that the menu does have some interesting things on, it is clean and the service is good. It is also quite reasonably priced.

Visited February 2013
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous food, on the expensive side though”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We'd seen a few Giraffe branches around but never tried it before, normally favouring places that we know we like already. Now though, Giraffe will definatley get added into the list of regular choices! The restaurant had a really nice atmosphere even though it's not seperate from the food court, we felt it was nice and relaxed and we didn't feel rushed out. We didn't have any problem getting a table at 6.15pm on a friday, and were greeted and seated promptly. The waitress was happy to discuss the menu with us, and the menu itself is one of the most varied I have seen! It's not huge, but there's a good variety and some unusual dishes.

I had the lamb leg steak, which was really really good- I wouldn't normally choose a steak, but it was well done (as I asked for), and had a lovely chargrilled taste. Came with heaps of yummy fries, salad and a nice salsa verde. Only thing I would say is that maybe the steak could be a bit on the small side for a man's appetite- perfect for me as a girl though!
My boyfriend had the risotto with chicken, prawns and chorizo and pronounced it delicious and heavenly. I tried some too and it was really rich and creamy!
For desert we split the white chocolate and passionfruit cheesecake, which was yummy but not the best cheesecake I've had (which is a hard title to claim, as I eat cheesecake whenever possible). We also had the cappuccino topped with ammaretto biscuits- never seen one before, so we had to try it! Very yummy when first recieved, but I wasn't such of a fan of the soggy bits at the end that had sunk into the coffee.

We used a 40% off voucher and the bill was £30, without it would have been £45 including a couple of non alcoholic drinks- which strikes me as very expensive for a meal for two without starters and sharing a pudding- and no alcohol! So although I would give 5 stars for the food, the value isn't so great. They do a set menu which is two courses for £9.99, but it's very limited. Also they are a bit cheeky adding a 10% tip onto the bill- we nearley tipped seperatley as well before realising! They should really point it out when giving you the bill, as people in this country aren't used to it being added automatically like in the USA. I would definatley reccomend a visit to Giraffe- just wait until they have a good discount voucher out!

• Visited January 2013