“Check your bill!”
Review of Turkuaz Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Turkuaz Bar & Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Turkuaz Bar & Grill is a welcoming open plan restaurant, serving traditional Turkish meals cooked on an open grill. It also boasts a separate bar/lounge area with 2 pool tables, football table, bandits, a big screen TV and upstairs smoking area.
Dronfield, United Kingdom
“Check your bill!”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Ate here on a quiet Sunday evening, with only a few other diners. Service was adequate and the food reasonable, although the bottle of Budweiser was flat. The gripe I have with this place is that they advertise a set menu for a two course meal for £29, consisting of a choice of three starters and two mains. There were three of us so in theory we'd need to order just one extra main to have two courses each......why then does the bill come to £57?! We had 4 drinks in total, two of those non alcoholic. Unfortunately this wasn't identified until after we'd left. Very disappointed that it appears you have to 'request' the set menu price even if you choose items from the set menu.....no other menu was offered! Avoid this place if you don't want to be ripped off. Such a shame as the food is actually ok.

Visited February 2014

Sheffield
“2nd visit and excellent again”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

After a second visit fir my friends 40th birthday once again can't fault them.

Food great and good price and the staff like always are excellent.
I will be returning again and will write another review but at this moment in time everything is still great.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank manorblade
UK
“Hidden gem highly recommended!!!!”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

What can I say, I read views from others and think are we talking about the same place!!!! This place is amazing, really really good value for money, lunch menu amazing and recommended by the waiter, decor impeccable, music low but sensual, the food, my goodness, delicious. It's a shame the restaurant is so far away from where I live but I order lots of dishes and bring them home to eat the following days. All the people who moan are just picking on silly issues. To believe its so good I would tell everyone to go and experience the food and atmosphere for themselves. My son, husband and I love love love the place.

1 Thank FireUk
Alfreton, United Kingdom
“Refused the luch menu”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

The first time I visited this restaurant was after receiving a flyer stating they had started a lunch menu which seemed really appetising and reasonably priced. Unfortunately we were refused because the manager stated although the flyer was sent the lunch time menu wasn't available.

I revisited on another occasion and again asked about the lunch time menu. This time the manager made us wait and reluctantly allowed to have the lunch menu. Unfortunately the food was disappointing. The charcoal wrap had not charcoal flavour at all. I think I will be giving this place a miss.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Authentic turkish cuisine with great service & entertainment!”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I booked a table of 15 to celebrate my 25th birthday, upon arrival we were greeted by friendly staff who lead us to a decorated table with b'day confetti, a balloon as a centre piece and on the Windows and walls were happy b'day signs with my name as well! I loved the effort they had put in especially the personal touch with my name - I had no idea they were going to do this!
We had a starters and main sharing a bottle of wine between 3 and the bill came to around £20 each which I think is extremely good value, the food was freshly cooked and extremely tasty (the open plan kitchen is always a good sign of a good restaurant I think!). The service was attentive and they coped well with the large number of us, also with being students they were happy to sort out the bills in groups so there was no fuss for when it came to paying thankfully! The entertainment was fab, and if you're happy enough to join in it was even better - the belly dancer was very kind and didn't make anyone feel awkward or like they had to join in.
I thoroughly enjoyed my evening with all my friends, and I would recommend it to anyone who fancies great food for great value with a great atmosphere!! :) Thank you to all those working that night who made my birthday that extra bit special.

2 Thank rachelannselina