“Authentic turkish cuisine with great service & entertainment!”
Review of Turkuaz Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Turkuaz Bar & Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Turkuaz Bar & Grill is a welcoming open plan restaurant, serving traditional Turkish meals cooked on an open grill. It also boasts a separate bar/lounge area with 2 pool tables, football table, bandits, a big screen TV and upstairs smoking area.
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I booked a table of 15 to celebrate my 25th birthday, upon arrival we were greeted by friendly staff who lead us to a decorated table with b'day confetti, a balloon as a centre piece and on the Windows and walls were happy b'day signs with my name as well! I loved the effort they had put in especially the personal touch with my name - I had no idea they were going to do this!
We had a starters and main sharing a bottle of wine between 3 and the bill came to around £20 each which I think is extremely good value, the food was freshly cooked and extremely tasty (the open plan kitchen is always a good sign of a good restaurant I think!). The service was attentive and they coped well with the large number of us, also with being students they were happy to sort out the bills in groups so there was no fuss for when it came to paying thankfully! The entertainment was fab, and if you're happy enough to join in it was even better - the belly dancer was very kind and didn't make anyone feel awkward or like they had to join in.
I thoroughly enjoyed my evening with all my friends, and I would recommend it to anyone who fancies great food for great value with a great atmosphere!! :) Thank you to all those working that night who made my birthday that extra bit special.

2  Thank rachelannselina
There are newer reviews for Turkuaz Bar & Grill

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I'm lucky enough to own a property in Turkey & I love authentic Turkish food, so decided to give this place a try.
Restaurant was empty on a miserable, wet, weekday lunchtime but got a warm welcome from a very friendly waiter.
Ordered a mixed skewer ( Turkish Mixed grill), which included lamb chop, chicken & lamb pieces, a kofte kebab & chicken wings, with salad & rice. All beautifully cooked & delicious.
They do Belly Dancing on a Saturday night which might me fun. Really enjoyed my meal.

3  Thank Leedsaway67
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We had to wait around 20 minutes before our drinks order was taken, the waiters were busy at the other end of a large room where there was a large party of customers & pretty much stayed that end. We ended up taking it in turns to get attention!
We ordered 2 different mezze platters, a hot & a cold 1, the portions were very good however the cold mezze were over powered by the garlic content. The mains took sometime to arrive after the starters had been cleared away & we ordered more drinks but they didn't arrive & we had to ask again. We were happy with the quality of the main courses but wish we had known that rice wasn't included with all dishes. The belly dancer was gyrating around us & other tables whilst we were dining & the music between 'spots' got louder & louder & if you enjoy eating in a nightclub setting then this is the place for you. We sat for some considerable time waiting for our plates to be cleared & we asked to see a dessert menu (it wasn't offered). Once again we had to find someone to order desserts & coffee from.
Overall the food was good but the service dreadful.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

My partner and I recently used a Groupon voucher at this establishment and it proved to be really good value for money especially as I now have a discount card which offers financial perks on a future visit. We are both vegan and the menu offered a choice of tasty dishes to suit our special diet. It was a bit strange to hear Greek music being played in the background. The waiter seemed a bit reserved when we first sat down but as we holiday every year in Turkey and got into conversation with him, using our few words of Turkish for practice, he soon thawed. The food we had tasted great and was nicely presented. We plan to go again as soon as possible.

2  Thank fionalemmon
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Fabulous food and service. Very fresh food.Would definately recommend the set course meals which are terrific value

2  Thank cookie1161