“Great food & atmosphere at a great price!!”
Review of Turkuaz Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Turkuaz Bar & Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Turkuaz Bar & Grill is a welcoming open plan restaurant, serving traditional Turkish meals cooked on an open grill. It also boasts a separate bar/lounge area with 2 pool tables, football table, bandits, a big screen TV and upstairs smoking area.
Dronfield, United Kingdom
“Great food & atmosphere at a great price!!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

After a friendly welcome we were shown to our table, overlooking London Road- Great for people watching!!

The service was quick & always with a smile, by all members of staff that dealt with us. The food was lovely, although I would suggest that the hot starter for 2 would happily feed 4!! Especially as we had complimentary olives & bread to start with.
I had the Kleftico, which was gorgeous & my other half had the Mixed Grill, which looked great (but huge) & he said tasted great too.

My other half didn't want to share a bottle of wine, so I had it by the glass. I must say that the house red is fantastic, especially for £3.00 a glass. The cost of the meal was an absolute bargain in my eyes & is a definite place to return to.

A thoroughly enjoyable & relaxed night & we will definitely return, possibly taking my very hungry children at 12 & 16 with us. I understand that they have Turkish dancers on sometime too, which will add fun & entertainment to the evening too!!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Fantastic experience!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

First trip and hope will not be the last. The food was excellent. Every dish we had was really tasty and nicely presented. We had the menu deal for 2 of 3 starter dishes and a main each. Very good value. Portions are very generous so don't over order. Lovely, fun atmosphere, and music and decor all in keeping with the atmosphere. It was a busy saturday night and were lots of big parties in celebrating birthdays so definitely need to book. Was slight delay on our table but were able to wait in adjoining bar area- this is bit shabby but don't be put off. Staff were all excellent, friendly and attentive. Belly dancer added a bit of fun to the occasion. The entrance could be off-putting, bit run down round back of supermarket but again, don't let this stop you trying it, the restaurant upstairs is not like the entrance. Overall a really lovely evening, great food, atmosphere and service.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Excellent - again!”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

For our third trip to Turkuaz we returned with two friends, to introduce them to the delights of this restaurant. Between us we had the cold sharing combo starter, Kleftikos, Beyti Wrap (Sarma Beyti) and Beyti Kebab, all of which were delicious. A very good bottle of Tempranillo Rioja washed it all down, followed by Turkish coffee and complementary Sambucca shots. Louise, the owner, was warm and welcoming; waiting staff were friendly and helpful and we had a very enjoyable evening. These days, a two course meal for four with drinks for under £80 is not to be sniffed at, especially when the food is this good. Many thanks!

“Fantastic occasion again”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Yesterday was my wife's and I, 8th wedding anniversary. To mark this occasion we decided to go for a meal at the Turkuaz restaurant on London road, Sheffield. We have have been a few times before and have always had a great evening. Yesterday was no exception. We were well greeted and quickly served when seated. The food was, as always, absolutely fantastic quality but what really sets this restaurant apart is the amazing staff. We got talking to a waiter called Erdal (or Eddy as my pronunciation failed me ha ha) who was working on his first night at the restaurant, you would never tell this as his customer service skills were excellent and he simply was, in a word, a great, really friendly, helpful guy. Sammy (the owner) is such a friendly, generous guy too who always welcomes and remembers you. On a previous visit he gave me a very generous gift for my birthday. All the staff are fantastic.

To summarise, this restaurant for me is the best restaurant in Sheffield, the food is so consistently top notch and so are the staff. You will have a great night if you decide to eat here, engage with the staff and they will make your evening very memorable.

Danny and Kerrie

1 Thank Danny2382
Sheffield
“What a brilliant time we had!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

To celebrate my birthday, twelve of us ate here, but it was more than just a meal, it was a marvellous experience. I pre-ordered the food opting for hot and cold mezzes for starters, and then a wonderful assortment of meaty and veggie dishes accompanied by the most delicious rice. Louise and her staff were so lovely, nothing was too much trouble. Lynn, the fantastic belly dancer, was the icing on the cake; I managed a little dancing myself, even at my great age! Everyone, including my five year old granddaughter, had the best time. I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough.