“Wonderful food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Broadfield

The Broadfield
Ranked #54 of 1,427 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At the Broadfield we are honest. We take pride in who we are, where we are, what we do, the food we make and the drinks we serve. There’s no fuss, no fancy, just a truly authentic Yorkshire pub.
“Wonderful food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Booked in for early on a Saturday night expecting it to be empty, wrong. It was very busy, so I suggest if you are going to visit, do as we did I and book. Looked at the menu online, and there was a great selection. I opted for the Hock, with roasted vegetables and my other half had the braised steak with colcannon mash. Both meals were superb, the hock was tender and the veg were perfect, hubby said his mash was wonderful and the beef very tender. I couldn't manage a dessert as the hock was much much bigger than I anticipated so I was stuffed. Hubby however managed a dessert a sticky toffee cake, which he said was also very good. Total with a drink each just over £30. The waitress was attentive without being in your face, and overall the service was perfect. The Broadfield does the best pies in Sheffield, so I am lead to believe, and when I next visit I will try, for me the hock was hard to resist as it's one of my fave meats.
Make sure you book, you won't be disappointed.

“Nice local”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Great range of ales and drinks served in a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere. Food is good if you stick to pies, sausages or fish and chips - good value too. The rest of the menu is pretty average though.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Pleasant way to pass an afternoon.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

My partner & myself have been in the Broadfield in the evenings, at weekends & the place does get very rammed. No way about it, The Broadfield's a lot more popular these days & sometimes, you struggle to find a seat.

However, with an afternoon with nothing better to do than read a newspaper, I popped in. Early afternoon, pleanty of room to sit. Cold & miserable outside but the small side room was warmed with a lovely log burning fire.

As for drinks & food, a couple of pints & a roast pork sandwich. No Guiness at this pub but was offered an alternative, Titanic Stout at £3.70. Palatable but not really a substitute. Also Farmers Blonde £3.10. Must say the hot roast pork & stuffing sandwich, (£4.95), chunky chips, (£1), were delicious, although the pork could have been a little warmer, it was possibly plated up earlier, waiting for the chips which were mouth-scorching hot. They didn't scrimp on the pork though. Big roughly cut, juicy pieces & a fair amount of stuffing. If there is any criticism, perhaps put it all in a bigger bun. The service was good & efficient for the number of customers at that time of day. I got my food within 15 mins & the staff always enquire if you're eating.

Although it was fairly empty when I arrived at around 12:30pm, by the time I left at 3pm, it had filled up a bit with a number of young mums with pre-school kids but there was still plenty of room.

A very plesant way to while away an afternoon, reading a newspaper, with a decent drink & food.

Barlow, United Kingdom
“Wonderful atmosphere, food, drink and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

The Broadfield is our favourite destination for a guaranteed good night out. There is always a dilemma as to what to select from the wonderful menu, with few dishes being discounted. Excellent food is accompanied by a wide choice of quality drinks and the service is faultless, All this at a price that makes it affordable for regular visits.

“Pie and Sausages”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

The Broadfield is a tribute to homemade pies and sausages. Along with a standard menu with such delights as Ham Hock there is a daily changing menu of pies and sausages. All homemade and very tasty.

The pub also sells a good range of beers and has an extensive Whiskey menu.

It's always busy throughout the week which is testament to its good value and good food.