“Good night out”

Description: Italian/Mexican cuisine
London
“Good night out”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with our night out here and we had a good time. The food was very well presented and very tasty, I was a bit dubious as the menu seemed a bit 70s to me, but it was fresh and very good value, especially the refreshing clean and crisp side salads.
Being situated next to a garage forecourt could be a negative, but the interior is decorated in Mediterranean style and there was a good atmosphere in the restaurant, which was busy. Nice little place!

• Visited July 2013

Sheffield
“Terrible, amateurish slop”
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I went to this restaurant last week with family after reading good reviews on Trip Advisor.

On first impression all looked good - welcoming and cosy.

I ordered mussels to start, they came in a spicy tomato sauce which was far too powerful and masked any flavour the mussels may have had. Half of the mussels had smashed shells (any chef in their right mind knows not to cook with mussels with broken shells as they're probably dead and could pose a health risk) and the sauce had a large quantity broken bits of shell. The bread wasn't much better - the stuff you'd expect to find in a supermarkets in-house bakery. £6.95 for that, I've had some incredibly good starters for less than that.

After the misery of the starter I tried to remain optimistic as I waited for my steak to arrive.

My optimism soon got flattened as it arrived. It was swimming in overly thick sauce. When I say swimming there must have been a whole litre of the vile stuff! I mean like 2 tins of Heinz soup and equally as disgusting! I nearly asked for a soup spoon. It was a hideous sight indeed.

At just shy of 15 quid I thought I'd give it a try - I was starving too. The steak was flabby, like it had been frozen before. It made me wonder if all the sauce was there to cover up the quality of the beef. The veg that came with it was as bad, over cooked carrots, courgettes and potato covered in tomato sauce. Tomato sauce and cream sauce in the same dish! The "chef" is obviously on a different planet.

The rest of the party weren't impressed either, not an empty plate to be seen.

Needless to say we didn't bother with desserts.

The only good thing was the house red wine.

All in all this was the worst meal I've ever had and I'll never be back there.
I cannot believe all the good reviews on here. It's not a "little slice of Italy" like some have said, I've been to Italy several times and, trust me, if that crap was served up over there the chef would be chased out of town.

If you want good Italian food try Gusto's in town or Nonnas on Ecclesall road. 50 times better and about the same price. Infact if you want better food try Macdonalds!

I came out feeling well and truly ripped off, p***ed off and nauseous.

5 Thank chris55515
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Lovely little restaurant make sure you book as it was very busy.
Food was outstanding, will definitely be going back!!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Rachel H
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Very good steak.”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I can't understand why we have never eaten at this place before but it was well worth the visit.
It was almost full even before 7pm, the service was good and the food was good.
I am not a fan of over spiced food but I was quite happy with what I chose, mussels for starters and large prawns for main. My husband had a tasty tender fillet cooked just how he liked it, red in the middle and well done on the outside. As he is not a big eater he left some of it so I kindly finished it off for him. It's hard to find a good steak in Sheffield but here's the place that does them.
We didn't have desserts because we were too full but the sparkling wine went down well.
It got a bit noisy later on but this is because they were very busy and I can see why.
Well done Sette Coli, we'll be back.

• Visited September 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food is AWESOME...”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The restaurant is a great place to eat, warm welcoming friendly service, Mexican dishes are to die for as well as the Italian dishes I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone, give it a try you wont be disappointed...

• Visited April 2013