“The best steak I've ever had!”
Review of La Vaca

La Vaca
Ranked #88 of 1,453 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Sheffield
“The best steak I've ever had!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

My friend and I went to La Vaca in Broomhill last night. I eat out often and rarely put reviews on Trip Advisor about Sheffield restaurants. This was our first visit and we just turned up without a booking. They were fully booked on a Wednesday, however they said that a table would be available in 45 minutes. We nipped out for a drink across the road and they called us 20 minutes after to let us know that the table was ready.

The lovely smell from the grill as you enter the restaurant makes you feel hungry! I'm not a massive steak fan, but my friend is. I ordered rib-eye medium rare and I have to say, it was the best steak I've ever had and it changed my mind about steak restaurants. The steak is cooked over an open charcoal grill and you can see the chef prepare your food. My steak was very tender and cooked to perfection. We ordered some side dishes - creamed spincah, garlic mushrooms and potato wedges with cheese - these were also delicious! My friend used to live in Spain and ate out at lots of steak restaurants and she also said it was the best she'd had.

The service was also excellent and friendly and I thought it was great that they called me to let me know that our table was ready.

My friend and I initially went out for a bit of tea and a catch up and this place really impressed us. Thanks for a lovely meal La Vaca - great food, service and good value for money. We will definitely be back. Claire

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Missymarsbar

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful!”
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

If your after a steak house in sheffield this is the place to be! My sirloin melted in my mouth I was so upset when I'd eaten it all I wanted more! The only reason I've scored 4 is cos we waited a while when we go again ill order a starter :)

“AMAZING!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I came here for my future sister in law's birthday and we all had such a great time! I highly recommend the Parillada for 2 at £35 as this is great value for money and I can assure you, you will NOT go home hungry!

There is a great atmosphere to the place, I loved the decor and the staff are all really friendly and polite! I can't wait for my next visit :-)

• Visited February 2014
“MEATORAMA!!!!!”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Went to restaurant, on the back of a type on google of best steak in Sheffield, this restaurant came up!!

Thank The Lord for google, exactly what we wanted meat, meat, meat the platter was amazin, black pud on the platter we ordered, wasn't available but put extra ribs on so jobs a goodun!! No need for a starter, if ur Gettin the platter, but we got coleslaw as a side and trust me that was enough!!

Quite a small place felt a little packed in, like sardines, but food made up for it!!

We will be goin back again and again. Amazin place!!

“Boooooootiful!”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Went this evening 15 mar 14! Absolutely gorgeous!! We had the platter which was amazeballs. No moricella which was disappointing but in no way ruined our meal, got two chicken breasts instead! Chips were crunchy and beautiful, best chorizo I have ever tasted! Steak was cooked beautifully!! Book in advance! Warm, cosy and a perfect ambience to scoff and fill your face and a very good price too!!