“Very Good Steaks”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I had a very nice meal here. It is not somewhere I would return as it really is a steak house. I like steak, but, I prefer it cooked the French way with lots of sauces and flavours, as opposed to just chips and salad. So, not a restaurant for me. However, if you like a slab of perfectly cooked, and oh-so-tender steak, then this is the place for you. It really is the most tender steak I have ever tasted. Food is of good quantity, but served on tiny plates, for some strange reason. Service ranges from okay to good. Early Bird offer is good, as is children's menu. If steak and chips is your thing - you will really like it here.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Fantastic food, great atmosphere, good service, friendly helpful staff well worth a visit. Went with friends on a late booking last in the restaurant, not rushed to finish. Definitely one of our top feeding holes

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Visited La Vaca last night for my brother in law's birthday. I'd never been before, and as a vegetarian, wasn't sure what to make of the menu! I needn't have worried! There were three vegetarian main courses, and one starter. I had the halloumi and vegetable kebabs, which came with a side salad, and shared two sides, coleslaw and spicy potatoes, with my hubby. All were really gorgeous and a perfect portion size. The rest of our party had steaks, fish and ribs, and everyone loved their food. The steaks and tuna were all perfectly cooked and the ribs looked fab (even for a non-meat eater!), as they weren't dripping in the runny sauce, like seems to be the norm in other places. With a few rounds of drinks, sides, etc, the bill came to £135, which I thought was very reasonable. The staff were friendly and attentive, and very accommodating - since we had a birthday, someone had brought a cake. Our waitress brought the cake out on a plate, with candles, and served us the cake as dessert; not many restaurants would allow you to do this, since you're not ordering their desserts! I would definately return and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it :)

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Would be a 5* if it wasn't for the staff not telling us we had to be out for a certain time. We only had time for 2 courses as they forgot to tell us we had to be gone for a certain time as someone else had booked the table after us. It was a real shame as the food was lovely and waiter was very very helpful and apologetic. Steaks so juicy and tasty side dished lovely.

1  Thank LIBBYLIB
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Dropped in last night for a meal at approx 7.30pm. It was packed and so had to wait until 9pm having put our names down. I had 8oz Sirloin which was cooked as requested, medium rare and it was so juicy and tasty. My partner had a 30oz T-bone which he said was the best steak he's ever had.
Service was very good but I think because we were one of the last customers of the evening we were forgotten. The staff seemed to be more concerned about getting their jobs done before closing.
Don't let this put you off because the food is scrumptious.

1  Thank Steph3279