“great calzone!”

Ranked #21 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Louth, United Kingdom
“great calzone!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Have stayed at Staindrop a few times in the last couple of years, business and with my wife. Rooms are always spotless, beer is spot on ! Calzone last week was exceptional ! Staff are always helpful especially Sally. I will be back.....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 4, 2013

For anyone who had a negative experience at this hotel, I truly am surprised. My husband and I stayed here as we had a wedding in Sheffield to attend, everyone else stayed at Premier inn and when we told them about our hotel was jealous.
We had a bit of a problem in our room and as soon as I mention it to staff it was immediately dealt with. Staff were very friendly.
A***** We cannot wait to stay her again in August.

• Stayed April 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2013

my wife and I renewed our wedding vows on the 16th of Feb having decided to opt for the wedding package, what a fantastic day we had from start to finish. My wife arrived at staindrop at 9am and from that moment on the staff couldn't do enough for her. We had the honeymoon suite (included in package) it was beautifully set out and massive. I would like to give a big thankyou to all the staff (fantastic) but my biggest thanks goes to Amanda our wedding coordinator who did a brilliant job, and what can I say about the 3 course wedding breakfast? out of this world one of the nicest meals I have ever eaten, portion sizes were huge. The nightime buffet was great and dj brilliant, I would recommend Staindrop lodge to anybody in a heart beat, weather its good nights sleep with a lovely breakfast or a meal everything is first class

Room Tip: any rooms are good I saw several and they were all clean a plenty of room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Neath, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I regularly use this hotel for business and you cannot get better. I find the staff all friendly, the rooms spotlessly clean and everything you could ask for in food choice. The restaurant has lots of variety and is comfortable. I have stayed in many of the rooms and all great however rooms 15 and 16 can be quite noisy because of the bar beneath. All in all a superb hotel.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2013

needed a one night stop near Sheffield for a family visit and an offer was available at Staindrop
we were more than surprised at the quality of this Hotel and all the staff without exception were amazing and very friendly and helpful. The food was excellent and a large choice. Our room was spacious very clean and well equipped with more than everything we needed and quite. If we had to give any negative feedback the only thing would be the bar/loung area was very noisy on Saturday night as expected and we would of liked a quite lounge to sit and have a drink with some of our family who came back to the hotel with us for a drink before going home. We would definitely recommend this hotel and we will use it again on our next visit to the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
galli41, Manager at Staindrop Lodge, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank-you for your feedback, we always like to hear how our guests stay went. We are glad you enjoyed it and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards

Adam Galliford
Deputy General Manager
manchester
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Just back from a one night Wowcher deal - £49 bed and breakfast with a bottle oh house wine!
Felt a bit worried as we approached the hotel as the locality was a bit more urban than we expected. However, we were pleasantly supprised when we turned into the hotel which looked fine. Lady on reception was very friendly as were all the staff during our stay. Our room was fab - very big, warm, clean and a large bathroom with bath and overhead shower.
Dined in the restaurant which had an extensive menu with reasonable rices and good portions. The food was really nice including the breakfast the following morning.
This was a real bargain and would have paid more.
NB. We had to ask for the wine included in our meal but it wasn't a problem and we opted to have it with dinner.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,

We were pleased to read your review, and happy that we suprised you!
Sorry about the wine, bit of a mix up there it would seem.

Thanks again for the feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards

Adam Galliford
Deputy General Manager
UK
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is a restaurant review only as it is very local to us. It is actually more bistro food as opposed to 'restaurant' and we often come here during the week as their daily 'specials' menu is brilliant. We have been here many times and have never ever been disappointed and the Chef listens to you - for instance whenever there is salmon I ask for it to be very lightly cooked, and it arrives perfectly done - still pink in the middle. His pasta is always al dente, and if a poached egg is included in the dish it is lovely and runny, so if you want anything well done you should let the waiter/waitress know. We've never eaten off the main menu, only the specials so perhaps that is the reason we love it. The Chef is creative but the food does take time to arrive but to be honest I find that very reassuring as it means it has been correctly 'cheffed' as opposed to it being a microwaved bag of stuff. The portions are very generous, so I usually end up leaving something - for that reason I no longer ask for their bread platter (which is lovely and comes with olive oil etc - but so generous it is a course on its own) and never, ever have a starter. We always eat in the Restaurant area as opposed to the main bar and really enjoy the ambience, the service is also five star. Cannot fault it and on top of all that it is not at all expensive. Love the place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,

I have passed your comments onto chef, who is most grateful. Thank-you.

It means a lot to us that many of our customers return so often, it helps us have a good time at work when we know our customers better!

We will see you soon, and again in the future!

Thank-you