“Get authentic tapas and happy hour cocktails”

Las Iguanas-Meadowhall
Ranked #26 of 1,477 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Brazilian, Cuban, Latin, Mexican, South American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Walk through the doors of Las Iguanas and find yourself transported to Latin America, full of rich, vibrant colours, quirky features and custom-made wooden mosaic tables made especially for the restaurant from sustainable woods in Brazil. Each restaurant is unique and the staff love bringing unusual things back from their travels, ranging from large lobster sculptures to giant drums. The philosophy of Las Iguanas is to serve delicious and authentic Latin American food and drink in an environment which evokes the very best of Latin life. With recipes dating back to the 16th century, the food successfully fuses native Latin American Indian, Spanish, Portuguese and African influences. Working hard to ensure that everything comes from the best possible source, Las Iguanas is proud of its fresh GM free food and top quality ingredients.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We ate a range of authentic tapas, I visited with my Mum who is an authority having lived in Spain for many years. Happy hour was on until 7pm for cocktails and I had 2 very enjoyable non alcoholic ones. The staff were really helpful and the atmosphere was great even though it was in the middle of the day.

There are newer reviews for Las Iguanas-Meadowhall

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I will never set foot in any Las Iguanas again. It is overpriced, mediocre food, poorly served. Because we were in a party we had to pre-order our mains which just turned up at the table so no chance to order a starter. Likewise no one ever asked me if I wanted a dessert. I had a sirloin steak, not very adventurous I know, which was cooked perfectly but had no flavour and a pathetic portion of fries resulting in me leaving still hungry. All in all a poor experience.

1  Thank Ian L
Katrina60, Public Relations Manager at Las Iguanas-Meadowhall, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

We really appreciate you leaving your review. Sounds like your visit was not up to the usual standards and I would like to apologise for that. We would like to look into this a bit more as we want to make sure it does not happen again. I have sent you a private message and hope to hear from you soon

Reviewed November 30, 2012

The service here is quick and attentive. The food is delicious - especially the nachos as a starter!
They have an extensive range of mock tails too which are lovely.
Definitely recommend a visit here whether it's just for a meal or as part of your shopping trip.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

We were served by Jenna and let me tell you, she was brilliant, very smiley and friendly
The food was to die for
You could taste all the different things in the meal, it wasn't just a plate of food
Really good atmosphere, you almost think your on holiday
It's not the cheapest but you pay for good food and that's what you get
Thanks for a brill evening x

Reviewed November 22, 2012

We used to use the old 'Lounge Bar' regularly and since its demise have been trying out all the other new places in The Oasis to find a replacement, and now we have. Stopped off for a drink & somewhere to park hubby whilst I shopped but ended up having a meal, cocktails and wine and very good it was too. Waitress was exceptional (didn't get her name but just back from maternity leave) cocktails were very good and on special offer at certain times, the Brazilian prawn dish new to the menu was outstanding, in fact couldn't fault anything at all. The price was amazing at £51, (3 large San Miguel, 2 cocktails, bottle of wine, main course + starter) but this probably had a lot to do with the day/time we visited. Unusual for a lot of places in the Oasis this had a nice bar area & good snack/tapas menu - we will be back.